Best already drafted player not playing in the nhl.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Radulov is the best player but the best prospect is either Kuznetsov, Tarasenko or Granlund. Take your pick.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kuznetsov
Tarasenko
Granlund
Radulov
Huberdeau
Schultz (he made Jake Gardiner expendable...that says quite a bit)

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Kuznetsov
Tarasenko
Granlund
Radulov
Huberdeau
Schultz (he made Jake Gardiner expendable...that says quite a bit)

That's borderline revisionist history.

I'm not sure Anaheim saw him as being as good as he's been. Schultz made him expendable yes (Fowler had a part in it too) but Schultz didn't make this Gardiner expendable I don't think.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

I'm not sure Anaheim saw him as being as good as he's been. Schultz made him expendable yes (Fowler had a part in it too) but Schultz didn't make this Gardiner expendable I don't think.

this is correct. however, seeing as they played on the same team and together much of the time, it did give Ducks scouts the opportunity to compare their games very easily and hopefully accurately.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Unless Gardiner becomes a legit top pairing guy then I am still happy with the trade. Beauchemin is a great top pairing guy for us and a great #3 on most contenders. The trade gave us 5 years of Beauchemin at the least so unless Gardiner becomes more then what Beauchemin is now then it is a wash.

Gardiner just did not have a spot on our team and he wouldnt have evn gotten a chance in the NHL until next year at the earliest. TML got a great player, nokne can argue that. But I am happy with with the trade as of now.

I agree that the acquisition of Fowler allowed us to address an area of weakness(defensive PK vet like Beauchemin) from an area of strength(Fowler in the NHL and 2 of the best PMD in the world outside the NHL Schultz and Vatanen).

F: Granlund
D: Schultz
G: I have no clue. There are alot of good goalies and the best goalie in the world 10 years from now is probably some guy we have never heard of and is already past draft age.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Unless Gardiner becomes a legit top pairing guy then I am still happy with the trade. Beauchemin is a great top pairing guy for us and a great #3 on most contenders. The trade gave us 5 years of Beauchemin at the least so unless Gardiner becomes more then what Beauchemin is now then it is a wash.

Gardiner just did not have a spot on our team and he wouldnt have evn gotten a chance in the NHL until next year at the earliest. TML got a great player, nokne can argue that. But I am happy with with the trade as of now.

I agree that the acquisition of Fowler allowed us to address an area of weakness(defensive PK vet like Beauchemin) from an area of strength(Fowler in the NHL and 2 of the best PMD in the world outside the NHL Schultz and Vatanen).

I agree on being happy with Beuch for Gardiner....but you are forgetting we made them take the salary dump Lupul :sarcasm:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I agree on being happy with Beuch for Gardiner....but you are forgetting we made them take the salary dump Lupul :sarcasm:

Noone would have dreamed Lupul would be the guy he has been this year. He was a salary dump for us and TML struck gold with him. No doubt.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
And what do you guys think of the chance of seeing kuznetsov with the caps next season?

IMHO he'll come over barring a crazy KHL team that gives him crazy terms/years. Also barring some kind of lockout or shortened season due to a lockout (who knows). Caps will have a slot open with Semin most likely moving on.

Manny*

Silfverberg has to be on the list. Granlund and Kuznetzov are no-brainers.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Actually, when the trade happened, that's exactly what many Anaheim fans were saying. Also, word from Anaheim was that Murray liked Schultz as a prospect more than Gardiner. Both players, on the same team, playing the same system, and Schultz just looked better.

I do agree, however, that Fowler played a part too. To a lesser extent, you could probably include Vatanen as well. Personally, I wasn't a fan of that deal. Gardiner was our most NHL-ready prospect, and after watching him develop and turn into an impressive prospect, we traded him right before he cracked the NHL. Still, Beauchemin has been a great addition to Anaheim.

At any rate, Schultz might be one of the best drafted defensemen not currently in the NHL.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
D-Rundblad
G-Markstrom

If we're gonna use guys drafted in the NHL who are getting some NHL playing time like those two then I'll throw out a sleeper name....Brendan Smith the young dman on Detroit. And one of their forward prospects like Nyquist or Pulkkinnen can make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad