Music: Best Albums Ever

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Interesting. There's discussion about his connection with the magazine?

I thought you just meant Rolling Stones editors decided to change their criteria and reframe the list or something.

So nobody knows why the magazine's go-to rankings changed?
Yes, it's come up many times by other posters in his threads, and now by me. I really don't know the truth of the matter, but he often posts their content, his top choices often reflect their's, and others have mentioned this stuff, accused him of copying and pasting lists, etc. I don't know either way, but he seems kind and I like his threads regardless.

Reactions: Elvis P and #37

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Interesting. There's discussion about his connection with the magazine?

I thought you just meant Rolling Stones editors decided to change their criteria and reframe the list or something.

So nobody knows why the magazine's go-to rankings changed?
Here's what Rolling Stone themselves have to say about it...

Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time was originally published in 2003, with a slight update in 2012. Over the years, it’s been the most widely read — and argued over — feature in the history of the magazine (last year, the RS 500 got over 63 million views on the site). But no list is definitive — tastes change, new genres emerge, the history of music keeps being rewritten. So we decided to remake our greatest albums list from scratch. To do so, we received and tabulated Top 50 Albums lists from more than 300 artists, producers, critics, and music-industry figures (from radio programmers to label heads, like Atlantic Records CEO Craig Kallman). The electorate includes Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, and Billie Eilish; rising artists like H.E.R., Tierra Whack, and Lindsey Jordan of Snail Mail; as well as veteran musicians, such as Adam Clayton and the Edge of U2, Raekwon of the Wu-Tang Clan, Gene Simmons, and Stevie Nicks.

Reactions: Elvis P

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Old school. I like Joni Mitchell’s Blue album but it’s not the number one album or anywhere close to it imo.
I prefer albums that really impacted the future music direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad