Best 90s Band

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I see. What you say is fact and what I say is opinion. Awesome how that works.

I didn't compare one band to another.
It is fact that Tool are good musicians and good lyrically.

It isn't fact that N sync is better than Pantera, that is an opinion.

And :laugh: if you honestly believe that.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Such a good choice, even though my favorite albums by them came out in 1989 and 2001. :laugh:

Red Medicine and In On the Kill Taker are probably my two favs, but still, during the 90s they put out 5 great albums, not counting the two you referenced outside of the 90s. Tough to beat that output.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Very subjective on this. For one, do you define this as bands who had some of their best work in the 90's? or bands that started in the 90s?

On the list I chose AiC.

Anyhow, my take: Top 10 bands who *started* in the 90's and had good works in the 90's: (Higher number better)

1. Arch Enemy
  2. Cubanate
  3. Body Count
  4. Hanzel und Gretyl
  5. Ulver
  6. Hypocrisy
  7. Prodigy
  8. Moonspell
  9. Strapping Young Lad
  10. Children of Bodom

And Top 10 bands who had some of their best work in the 90's but formed before: (Higher number better)
  1. Alice in Chains
  2. Sepultura
  3. Weird Al
  4. Exodus
  5. Danzig
  6. Ministry
  7. KMFDM
  8. Samael
  9. Skinny Puppy
  10. GWAR

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The only thing DMB has ever done of note is dump their septic tank onto a boat full of people.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I like a couple DMB songs but was never a huge fan. Big fan of Carter Beauford, though. Sick drummer.

The first three albums were really good and they had a real original unique sound especially with the whole post-grunge fallout that was happening in the mid-90s, then they went all pop and commercial after that. Carter is a fantastic drummer that drove that band like no else could.

Another band worth mentioning is Incubus. Late 90s they came on the scene and released two really good albums.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
KoRn should be mentioned for sure... I loved their stuff (and yep they were 2000s too)
Oasis was great, same can be said for Blur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad