Best 3rd/4th round picks of the 2003 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Paul Bissonnette: 121st overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Nearly made the team out of camp. In reality was cut so that other players would not be lost to waivers. Will be signed and in the AHL next season given that the Pens now need to keep 2 aditional spots open for Ross Lupaschuk and Rob Scuderi on the big club.

nordique

Shane Hynes - Anaheim, 3rd round
Paul Bissonnette - Pittsburgh, 4th round
Konstantin Volkov - Toronto, 4th round
Tyler Redenbach - Phoenix, 3rd round
Stephen Werner - Washington, 3rd round

...would be my top 5.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
While it's obviously a bit early to determine this, some guys I would keep an eye on include:

70 Jonathan Filewich - Pittsburgh
71 Dmitry Kosmachev - Columbus
84 Konstantin Barulin - St. Louis
92 Alexander Sulzer - Nashville
93 Ivan Khomutov - New Jersey

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I really like Filewich, Cirillo, and Bissonnette. I know it sounds biased but I love the style that Filewich and Cirillo play and Bissonnette has been labeled a steal since the time he was drafted.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think Locke (113th) is the obvious pick of the fourth round, though he's not a diamond in the rough per se...just a player that people assume cannot make it big at the next level. I think he'll prove them wrong over time. Another in the fourth round is Bissonnette (Pit, 121st overall).

As for the third round, Redenbach (77th), Ruzicka (81st), Munce (82nd), Barulin (84th) and Zakharov (101st) look like they might be better than expected.

Randall Graves*

I agree about Locke it seems wherever he goes he puts up good numbers.

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
Konstantin Zakharov has been doing pretty well at Moncton in the QMJHL this year. He also got awarded best forward at thew WJC B Tournament, he's from Belarus.

Dr_Chimera*

Handsome B. Wonderful said:
His skating is beyond awful though, he's a longshot to see the light of day in the NHL.

I've seen him in at least 60 games - his skating is not awful at all. Locke can be pretty deceptive actually, but he looks slower when his linemates are not in sync with him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I would have said Khomutov before the season but he has played horrible after the arm injury, I would rather him in Albany next year, junior isn't the place to fix bad habbits.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Third or Fourth Round people! sigh. Start a new thread if you want to talk about your fifth or seventh round prospect.. lets stay on track..

Byron Bitz looks a very good pick for Boston.

I remember Mishail Joukov and Alexander Naurov were two prospects hyped as potential steals at the time.. does anyone know how they are progressing?

nomorekids said:
i was thrilled that the preds got teemu lassila in the fourth.

Why? Just curious..

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Dr_Chimera said:
I've seen him in at least 60 games - his skating is not awful at all. Locke can be pretty deceptive actually, but he looks slower when his linemates are not in sync with him.

Agree, and regardless of whether his skating isn't outstanding, he excells in nearly every other facet of the game.

He's simply carried Ottawa all year.

nordique

TheBrew said:
7th Round Oilers got Kyle Brodziak who is 2nd in WHL scoring

Well, he's actually third, behind Redenbach, who actually fits this thread, and Jeremy Williams, who the Leafs took six picks after Brodziak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad