Confirmed with Link: Berube 3 year extension

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
‍meh. I guess. I would love to see add offensive minded d-coach in our coaching staff.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
"I've enjoyed working with (General Manager) Doug Armstrong and (Chairman) Tom Stillman, working with the coaching staff and training staff and all the players we have here," Berube said. "Why would I want to go anywhere else? I love it here."

when people want to stay here, they choose to stay. just like when people value other things more, like MONEY perhaps, they leave.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What happens if/when the Blues get humiliated yet again in the playoffs? I’d actually have considered firing him before the playoffs and hoping for a coaching change boost to carry them on a post-season run.

Reactions: Blues Knight

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What happens if/when the Blues get humiliated yet again in the playoffs? I’d actually have considered firing him before the playoffs and hoping for a coaching change boost to carry them on a post-season run.
Well I’m not sure how we can blame the last 2 postseasons on him.

1. We outplayed Vancouver in the bubble but didn’t get the goaltending.

2. We were way outclassed by Colorado and were missing some players too. No coach had a chance there.

So we’ll see what happens. But as far as I’m concerned, even if we do get embarrassed again, I don’t really think Berube has any strikes against him so he deserves more time.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Fair point. Personally I dont like Berube nor his system.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Well I’m not sure how we can blame the last 2 postseasons on him.

1. We outplayed Vancouver in the bubble but didn’t get the goaltending.

2. We were way outclassed by Colorado and were missing some players too. No coach had a chance there.

So we’ll see what happens. But as far as I’m concerned, even if we do get embarrassed again, I don’t really think Berube has any strikes against him so he deserves more time.
1. No we didn’t. Vancouver were the better team overall. 2. True. Not good enough to beat the Avs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
1. No we didn’t. Vancouver were the better team overall. 2. True. Not good enough to beat the Avs.
Nope. Markstrom/Demko way outplayed Binnington, that was the difference. Vancouver wasn’t better, we outshot and outchanced them by a wide margin every game. Wasn’t that close.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Berube is a good coach. Their problem is that hey need more higher-level talent on the defensive top 2 pairings. Coaching and systems are not the problem. Acquire a #2 for the top pairing (trading off one of the excess forwards, a current blues-owned prospect and a draft choice), and the move-down of the current #2 will help the 2nd pairing improve. Problem solved.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the blues dominated vancouver in that series. they lost that series because of goaltending and a 6 or 7 month break due to a stupid pandemic. binner hasnt been the same goalie consistently since the covid break of 2020. the canucks wouldnt have even made the playoffs if not for a expanded playoffs and a pause to the season, they were totally bombing in the standings right before the pause happened.

we havent had a legit NHL season since the cup run so im not gonna blame berube for 2 "playoffs" where it was a joke season anyways. lets see what happens this year.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Yahoo. Berube will get the most out of the players he's given.

Up to Armstrong to keep building on the fly.

We're not winning anything this year but the team is competitive and will get better next year. Key is as always the goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad