Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi traded to Boston for 2024 1st & 2025 4th

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Good return for a UFA. Hopefully Boston loses Pastrnak and they fall off a cliff next year!
Fine print in the trade clearly states that Tyler will be a special consultant to David Pastrnak for Midwestern Cultural Acclimation. :D

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I don't think we're done selling yet.

If we are moving on from Hronek and Bertuzzi, Yzerman is basically saying the current core isn't gonna cut it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 more roster players moved by end of day tomorrow. Perron could return a low first and Kubalik a high second.

Yzerman saw those two Ottawa games and said f*** it, we're done.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

If we are moving on from Hronek and Bertuzzi, Yzerman is basically saying the current core isn't gonna cut it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 more roster players moved by end of day tomorrow. Perron could return a low first and Kubalik a high second.

worth noting though that Perron and Kubalik are both signed for next year so they could easily be moved in the offseason or next deadline

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Two Thoughts:
#1 Wings are currently ~$17M under the cap and will be ~$23M+ under the cap in the summer. Suter, Sundquist, Veleno, Hagg, Lindstrom all UFA or RFA. I see Veleno resigned 100% at a bridge deal, maybe @ $2.1M. Suter and Sundquist could both go either way, but I bet one of them gets locked up for $3.5M. Hagg goes unsigned and Lindstrom does too (?). This puts us at $21M under the current cap and $24-$26M under an escalated cap in the summer. What do we do with the cash? Big splash in FA? try and get Seider/Raymon extended this summer?

#2 Adam Erne has to be called up now, right?

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I am glad for Bertuzzi. A playoff performer going to a playoff contender with a great chance to host the cup.

Solid return considering his history the past few years.
Yeah, I'm huge Tuzzi fan and a bit of Marchand fan too. Want definitely see this hellraiser-duo together.

My biggest season bet is for Bruins CUP Win and this just made it a better bet.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Good job. Enjoying the last few days. Trading guys i didnt want to pay.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Wonder if Larkin knew all this was going to be happening when he signed on the bottom line yesterday, lol

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Three Quick Points:

1 - We played this entire year without Real 'Bert, even when he was back, he didn't look right. So this team literally a week ago where all of us were riding high and talking playoffs and upsets...was on the back of a Bert'less team.

2 - Also, two weeks ago, the board all thought he was only going to net us a 2nd at best given how bad he looked and his injury history. We got more than that, the return exceeded expectations

3 - BOS will implode, probably next offseason, meaning as the Wings continue to improve and add more young talent and get hypothetically a worse 1st Rd pick to our improving record. If BOS really does lose Berggy and Krejci (and whomever if they are leaving), that Top 10 protection, and very specifically included because BOS KNOWS this is a possibly, we are holding what...a 2025 unprotected 1st from a shit BOS team.

• Haha
Reactions: BSHH and PastaBaked

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

Anyone that watched those games knew this.

I don't think he's done either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad