Pre-Game Talk: bern's open ltr to GG as rnd 1 game 6 is coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I will make this fast as I am busy.

I am not gonna do a whole review right now.

I have a constructive observation or 2 for coach GG.

1. Latest NJ Goalie reminds me of a less talented, much slower Ken Dryden. He has size, which helps a lot, and he moves minimally, which works for his game.
You can't shoot the puck through somebody.
Granted, he does take up A LOT of space.
But there is a solution.
It is to shoot smarter with better placed shots.

Ranger Fs are gonna have to gamble, get in, and then work to have high percentage shots w/goalie out of position, our shooters having more of an empty net.

Its unavoidable that will create risk and it can backfire. But it is, for now, the only way.
Listen to bern. More of the same will = more of the same.
NJ adjusted, now NY must also.

2. Power play.
a) Stop w/2 gazillion effin passes.
2-3 shots in 2 power play minutes is not enough.
1 or 2 passes for better position yes but PP right now WAY TOO MANY PASSES.

b) activate Shesterkin
On PP, when we are deep, Shesty should come out of crease close to our blue line, always ready to hurry back if opposing NJ player gets the puck and may break out. Being that far out, if NJ successfully clears, Shesty can get to the puck and quickly move it forward, saving precious seconds.

Let' go Rangers.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Spicy Pork in net and Igor playing D. We'll have a better chance of a breakout. Scratch Trouba who has been worthless and put Igor out for PP2.

Also Panarin to the pressbox, Johnny B to the 4th line, Vesey and Kakko to top 6 immediately.

Reactions: Narcissus and bl02

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
They have to make sure to take better shots that go in the net and prevent NJ from doing the same.

seems simple enough

Reactions: Narcissus

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I will make this fast as I am busy.

I am not gonna do a whole review right now.

I have a constructive observation or 2 for coach GG.

1. Latest NJ Goalie reminds me of a less talented, much slower Ken Dryden. He has size, which helps a lot, and he moves minimally, which works for his game.
You can't shoot the puck through somebody.
Granted, he does take up A LOT of space.
But there is a solution.
It is to shoot smarter with better placed shots.

Ranger Fs are gonna have to gamble, get in, and then work to have high percentage shots w/goalie out of position, our shooters having more of an empty net.

Its unavoidable that will create risk and it can backfire. But it is, for now, the only way.
Listen to bern. More of the same will = more of the same.
NJ adjusted, now NY must also.

2. Power play.
a) Stop w/2 gazillion effin passes.
2-3 shots in 2 power play minutes is not enough.
1 or 2 passes for better position yes but PP right now WAY TOO MANY PASSES.

b) activate Shesterkin
On PP, when we are deep, Shesty should come out of crease close to our blue line, always ready to hurry back if opposing NJ player gets the puck and may break out. Being that far out, if NJ successfully clears, Shesty can get to the puck and quickly move it forward, saving precious seconds.

Let' go Rangers.

Changing my username to 'ACTIVATE SHESTY' if we lose tomorrow.

Also, @bernmeister , I have had a real motherf*cker of a day today, full of sadness - this genuinely made me laugh out loud on the A train. The same A train I stepped into, full of sadness.

Love ya, U crazy f*ck.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Spicy Pork in net and Igor playing D. We'll have a better chance of a breakout. Scratch Trouba who has been worthless and put Igor out for PP2.

Also Panarin to the pressbox, Johnny B to the 4th line, Vesey and Kakko to top 6 immediately.
Haha crazy I just wrote the same shit. Surprised no one else has brought up the pointless exercise of having Trouba on the second unite. Their second unit has actually produced. Ours? You have a clench your teeth every time Trouba gets the puck at the point

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Changing my username to 'ACTIVATE SHESTY' if we lose tomorrow.

Also, @bernmeister , I have had a real motherf*cker of a day today, full of sadness - this genuinely made me laugh out loud on the A train. The same A train I stepped into, full of sadness.

Love ya, U crazy f*ck.
Sorry for your bad day and the sadness.
Glad this was uplifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad