Bernier-Ryan-Brule

Randall Graves*

surixon said:
Have you ever seen Brule play? He can shoot the puck like Koavalchuk, hes got incredible acceleration and amazing hands. Bob Mechanzie at last years draft said he was the best goalscorer availible in the draft, thats including Crosby. Hes been putting up close to a goal per game in junior and is probably the most dominant junior player iv seen other the Crosby. So tell me if Brule does reach his max potential as a big time scorer why he can't be as good as Kovalchuk.
Well first of all you have to question his durability, and if he alters his game so he doesn't get hurt how much will that affect him?

If all these guys reach their peak I prefere power forwards.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
Well first of all you have to question his durability, and if he alters his game so he doesn't get hurt how much will that affect him?

If all these guys reach their peak I prefere power forwards.

Brule is actually an all-around player unlike Ilya, so he has potential to be better IMO.

mytor4*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule is actually an all-around player unlike Ilya, so he has potential to be better IMO.

well as of right now i wouldn't trade 1 kovelchuk for 2 brule.

Randall Graves*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Perhaps but he's not going to be in the class of Ovechkin and Crosby. and right now Kovalchuk is what, a 2-3 time 40 goal scorer in his early 20's?

sensens

Jun 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
Brule has potential to be named among the Kovalchuk, Crosby's, and Ovechkin's in the league.
This is pretty excessive - I've seen a fair bit of Brule with the Giants, and while I think he'll be pretty good I would seriously hesitate to say that he's got anything like that kind of upside. His combination of skill and physical play will certainly make him a valuable player, but I personally wouldn't consider him to be even a lock for a first line role in the NHL. At best, I'd say he's got a poor-man's Roenick kind of upside, with maybe more of an offensive Peca-type of likely role. You could certainly do a lot worse than that, but any comparisons with Crosby, Ovechkin or Kovalchuk are a pretty big reach.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
i wanna hear more about ryan...any aneheim guys see ryan play much?? same for schremp :)

Randall Graves*

HansonBro said:
i wanna hear more about ryan...any aneheim guys see ryan play much?? same for schremp :)
I've seen him play a couple times but that's not enough to make a judgement so i'll leave that to someone else.

but statistically in the first half of the season he was one of the top two or three players in the OHL.(almost 3 ppg) Then as soon as he came back from the WJC's he hit a wall it could've been from conditioning or an injury but stat wise he showed the potential to be a dominant player. the only guys ahead of him in scoring at that point were taken in the prior draft I believe(Bolland and Schremp)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad