OT: Bernier on Nelson Mandela

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
:laugh::laugh::laugh: can't believe there isn't a thread on this.

Bernier: Well obviously growing up, he’s one of the most known athletes in the world. A lot of impact in any kind of sport that he did, and even playing hockey, everyone knows him, right? From being the type of person that he was off the ice and on the ice. It’s unfortunate that he passed a year ago, but, he changed a lot while he was with us, and he’s a tremendous guy. …
http://www.totalprosports.com/2014/12/10/jonathan-bernier-nelson-mandela-interview/

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I feel like he had no clue who Nelson Mandela is and tried to ******** instead of saying he's at a function for someone he has no idea about. On the other hand he could have thought Francois Pienaar was Mandela, it falls in line with what he was saying however that is just as embarrassing.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm not sure if I should feel bad for Bernier or not. He's not really obligated to be informed on South African civil rights champions, but at the same time, if you're going to attend such an event as a special guest you could at least read the guy's ****ing Wikipedia page on your phone on the drive in.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm sure there was a thread when it happened, isn't this old news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad