Injury Report: Bernier lower body injury (not believed to be serious)

PeeBee78

Sep 18, 2009
T-Dot!
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 1m
Lower-body injury for Bernier.

Uh oh....now what?

Update...
The injury that caused Jonathan Bernier to leave the Maple Leafs' game in Los Angeles is not believed to be very serious, a source told The Canadian Press.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Might be from the desperation save on Kopitar? I didn't notice anything wrong with him but that required great reflex.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So I'm gonna think optimistically that hopefully it's a tweak and just precautionary. If it were serious wouldn't they have kept him in the back and worked on him or something?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Uh oh? Now the Leafs ride their other goalie who's perfectly capable of being a #1 :laugh:

I trust Reimer but he isn't Bernier and he hasn't played a lot of games in a long long time.

Goalies loves to get into rhythm and back up goalies just don't get that opportunity.

Reimer's going to have to dig deep to perform at a high level if Bernier is out for a long time.

wam_raven

Mar 2, 2007
definitely that save where he stretched and made a save with his skate. I felt a tinge in my testicles watching it

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I trust Reimer but he isn't Bernier and he hasn't played a lot of games in a long long time.

Goalies loves to get into rhythm and back up goalies just don't get that opportunity.

Reimer's going to have to dig deep to perform at a high level if Bernier is out for a long time.

But if Bernier were out for a while then Reimer would get the consecutive starts to get into a groove. I'm more concerned with Bernier than what will happen to our goalie situation. Reimer is capable and there would be no pressure on him because he wouldn't have to worry about losing the net as soon as he makes a mistake.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully it's not serious. Reimer has shown what he can do, but he's barely played in the last few months. Rested, but probably insanely rusty when it comes to getting a lot of starts in a row.

PeeBee78

Sep 18, 2009
T-Dot!
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 9m
Well.. At least Bernier's new spot at Staples Center is a familiar one.

Ouch!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I've never said this before or after - but please just be poops. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad