Bernier learned a thing or two from Quick!

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
But didn't two of our great fans just say that goals like this are why we should have traded Quick and kept Bernier? :sarcasm:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Bernier is the more technically sound goalie but Quick's never say die and super-humble attitude is the perfect fit for this team and team defense. And his great athleticism makes up easily the technical ability between him and Bernier.

In Toronto, they need a star to lead/represent them...Kessel has become a great player but is not a leader-type.

Ewan McGregor*

should've been an icing

I hope you don't think that's worse than what Quick did

Ewan McGregor*

How? Dvorak was getting to that puck first. And Quick lost his stick on a misplay. I don't see how Bernier's gaffe isn't any worse. A bad goal is a bad goal.

Uh, have you seen the icing calls this season at all?

Ewan McGregor*

Doesn't matter what's been called. Did you not see that Dvorak was the first to the faceoff circle? The linesman didn't play the blow dead, so nobody should assume that's an icing until they hear a whistle.

that's why I said it should've been icing. what are you arguing here

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
No way that should have been an icing call. And it's not worse than Quick, it's just as bad. Granted, Quick didn't get scored on from behind the net without anyone in his own zone. That's a first.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
That's not an icing. Dvorak looked to be in better position to win the race. Secondly and more importantly, the puck hits Bernier's skate before either player reaches the dot, thus waiving off the icing and making the argument of who would get to the puck first irrelevant.

Ewan McGregor*

That's not an icing. Dvorak looked to be in better position to win the race. Secondly and more importantly, the puck hits Bernier's skate before either player reaches the dot, thus waiving off the icing and making the argument of who would get to the puck first irrelevant.

Dvorak was going to outskate Rielly?

original.gif

I can't watch videos on NHL.com but the youtube shows that they were still toe-to-toe by the time the puck bounces off the boards.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Dvorak was going to outskate Rielly?

original.gif

I can't watch videos on NHL.com but the youtube shows that they were still toe-to-toe by the time the puck bounces off the boards.

Cute gif.

They are fairly close, but if you look at who reaches the face off dot first, it's Dvorak, but you could argue maybe it's close enough to say it's icing. So yes, he did outskate Rielly.

Only issue is that by the time either one gets to the face off dot the puck is in the back of the net. The puck hits Bernier's skate well before either player gets to the face off dot, negating the icing.

The correct call was made on the ice by the referee. It's not an icing, it's a goal.

Btw, even if it should have been an icing, it's still a horrific goal to allow. Icing or not, Bernier gave up a brutal goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad