Injury Report: Bernier in concussion protocol

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I do wonder if this impacts a Howard trade. It shouldn’t, but you know Kenny won’t want to ride with both GR goalies for an extended period of time.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If Bernier is out for an extended period (til the TDL) this will lower any potential offers for Howard with teams knowing we may need him now, while conversely KH will be more likely to stick to the 1st rd. pick as the price.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hopefully he progresses well, I believe Bernier has a bit of a history with these though, seem to remember him missing time in Colorado but maybe I am mistaken.

Sateri is a guy that has played at this level, Rybar could get a look as well. Listen teams that sell at the deadline and go full tank usually pull up an AHL guy to finish it out with a backup. I don't think this impacts our deadline thinking at all. I do hope Bernier is alright first and foremost, that was a tough collision.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Just get Rybar in. Zero influence in Howard trade possibilities.

Like, if we trade Howard to Calgary, Mike Smith will be joining us. We'll get a body between the pipes. Just a worse one.

Reactions: Reddwit

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Just get Rybar in. Zero influence in Howard trade possibilities.

Like, if we trade Howard to Calgary, Mike Smith will be joining us. We'll get a body between the pipes. Just a worse one.
I agree with your point, but please god not Mike Smith.

Reactions: Bondurant

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Hey, maybe he will score an empty netter for us! That do anything for ya?

giphy.gif

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

I mean, his game winning celebration is pretty cool. The exaggerated fist pump.

And whatevs, everyone here wants us to lose right? Trading a good goalie for a not good goalie for a month and a half should help that, right?

Reactions: jkutswings

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
mike smith is a trash human being and id hate to see him play for the wings but id accept it for the sake of the tank

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I mean, his game winning celebration is pretty cool. The exaggerated fist pump.

And whatevs, everyone here wants us to lose right? Trading a good goalie for a not good goalie for a month and a half should help that, right?
It's not about his quality of play. It's that I can't stand his antics over the years.

There's a lot of bad goalies out there other than Smith to be had. Please Kenny, not him.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Why is it a given that Smith would come back in a trade for Howard?

Looks like the Flames will have enough cap space at the deadline to take Howard's full remaining hit, or moreso if the Red Wings retain.

They could just hang onto Smith for depth/insurance.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

Looks like the Flames will have enough cap space at the deadline to take Howard's full remaining hit, or moreso if the Red Wings retain.

I guess its not a given, but if they want to make a big move elsewhere, ridding of his cap hit could be a huge help.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

No way a team holds on to 3 goalies during a playoff push. Every $ counts, even if it's just for some depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad