Bergland and Sobotka

• Thread starter Deleted member 27798
  • Start date

Bergland and Sobotka...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 27798

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Bergland and Sobotka...

Did Botts want them, or was he told by the Blues they had to be part of the return?

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
Ugh, I don't know which is worse... actually wanting those 2 as part of the deal or getting bent over, giving in, and taking them in a deal.

Deleted member 27798

I think Sobotka was the mandatory throw in, but Botts wanted Berglund

Burned twice on that one.
I guess I could have made an option...wanted one, had to take the other one.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't think either option is the most accurate. Salary going both ways had to even out, or be very close, and there were only going to be so many combinations of StL players that would make that happen while still acceptable pieces for role and ability. IE - StL didn't want to send too much skill back with the picks, and Buf wasn't going to take just any cap heavy vet (Bouwmeester), and others had NTCs anyway. I'd say they weren't "wanted" but there wasn't many options to make it work financially.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think this dead horse has been beaten enough already.

7) Forum Management: Threads and posts that are redundant, in the wrong forum, or deemed unnecessary per the assessment of moderators are subject to being merged, moved, edited, deleted or closed. Thread titles must be as specific and informative as possible (no clickbait) and first posts must provide relevant commentary (“discuss” is not enough, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad