Berggren recalled from GR

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Barring injury, they could waive Kostin and probably not miss him.

I like him, but he's not adding much.
I wanted Kostin to be our "answer the call" guy, throw his body around and stick up for our guys, and he's been mostly invisible in that regard imo. I'd be okay filling that spot with someone more skilled, or who will regularly punch people who earn it.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Maybe nothing maybe another case of Yzerman playing some 4d chess. Just imagine there is another trade in the works?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Better Berggren on last 2 games.

2 games, 0+1 = 1 point.

Top3 at one-ice GF%
Top6 at on-ice xGF%.

Just feeling he is currently a placeholder for Kane. Fabbri - Copp - Berggren/Kane in coming...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Better Berggren on last 2 games.

2 games, 0+1 = 1 point.

Top3 at one-ice GF%
Top6 at on-ice xGF%.

Just feeling he is currently a placeholder for Kane. Fabbri - Copp - Berggren/Kane in coming...
Looked pretty useless, still can't defend. Doesn't want the puck enough to try to get it himself. He's getting sent down as soon as Larkin is ready to play.

Reactions: Filppula

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Fortunes have certainly changed for Bergy.

So many suggesting we can't sign Kane lest we have to bump Bergy out of the top 6 spot he so rightly deserves.

We hardly knew ya Bergy.

Oct 18, 2006
Looked pretty useless, still can't defend. Doesn't want the puck enough to try to get it himself. He's getting sent down as soon as Larkin is ready to play.
I saw what you saw. Doesn’t want to put himself in positions to be hit. The exception was actually the Fabbri goal in his first game back.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
He's got runway still, only 23 and under a season played. He could be a trade chip, could be a cheaper replacement for a guy like Sprong/Perron in coming years... definitely plays a delicate game at times.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
This kid is another great example of the hype train in this forum, crowning him a everyday NHL contributor before he's even slotted in a role.

His trade value is plummeting, and some people had this kid as the straw that'd break the Debrincat trade back... HA!

In all seriousness he should be moved for value before he trends down the Elmer Soderblom path.(NO Value)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This kid is another great example of the hype train in this forum, crowning him a everyday NHL contributor before he's even slotted in a role.

His trade value is plummeting, and some people had this kid as the straw that'd break the Debrincat trade back... HA!

In all seriousness he should be moved for value before he trends down the Elmer Soderblom path.(NO Value)
This post is another great example of the lack of patience and premature hot takes on this forum

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
This post is another great example of the lack of patience and premature hot takes on this forum
It's not even hot...

There's a log-jam at LHD, Danielson "might" take Kaspers role whether he pans out or not, and Berggens not even in your personal top 10 prospects.

Top 10

1. Simon Edvinsson
2. Marco Kasper
3. Nate Danielson

4. Carter Mazur
5. William Wallinder
6. Axel Sandin-Pellikka
7. Elmer Söderblom

8. Albert Johansson
9. Sebastian Cossa
10. Amadeus Lombardi

Most underrated: Söderblom
Honorable mention: Mazur
Söderblom was never expected to even make the NHL last season and he seems to be getting negatively rated because he did and was later sent down. Way more upside there than people give him credit for having. Mazur is another one where many people seem determined to not see the offensive upside even though he keeps showing it's there.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's not even hot...

There's a log-jam at LHD, Danielson "might" take Kaspers role whether he pans out or not, and Berggens not even in your personal top 10 prospects.
I don't think I considered Berggren a prospect at that point, given he had 60+ NHL games.

What does LHD/Danielson/Kasper have to do with what you or I said? I just don't think we should be in a rush to trade Berggren for a 5th and Söderblom for a 6th because they're not busting down the door to the NHL a month into the season.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I don't think I considered Berggren a prospect at that point, given he had 60+ NHL games.

What does LHD/Danielson/Kasper have to do with what you or I said? I just don't think we should be in a rush to trade Berggren for a 5th and Söderblom for a 6th because they're not busting down the door to the NHL a month into the season.

Whoops, cross referencing a different argument with someone else somewhere else. Lol. Don't mind that, I'm half insane. IDK why I neatly tied that into our convo.

But, to address trading guys for 5th and 6th round picks. Fine, but if you didn't think a guy would be an everyday NHL player you'd do it too. You probably wish you flipped Zadina for either of those vs watching him walk with money and freedom he got which he never deserved. Cholowski, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Whoops, cross referencing a different argument with someone else somewhere else. Lol. Don't mind that, I'm half insane.

But, to address trading guys for 5th and 6th round picks. Fine, but if you didn't think a guy would be an everyday NHL player you'd do it too. You probably wish you flipped Zadina for either of those vs watching him walk with money and freedom he got which he never deserved. Cholowski, etc, etc.
I don't really see a scenario where Berggren doesn't have an NHL career.
At least he's producing at lower levels. When Zadina went to Czechia and got outscored by Hronek the alarm bells were going off for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad