Bergevin is a STAR! Time for some to eat humble pie...

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
I was one of those who was critical of Bergevin in his first year, as I found he was too timid at the trade deadline and did not like the signing of Desharnais and Briere...

Today, I am here to eat some humble pie, and declare that Bergevin is a STAR!

I'm liking how he is managing the CH on all levels.

Kudos to Bergevin.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He will win me over the second he trades Gorges and doesn't sign Gionta. Heck, he can go ahead and sign Bouillon if he wants, I wouldn't care.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Getting rid of all the dead wood :

Gorges
Briere
Parros
Murray
Gionta
Bouillon (likely)

Simply beautiful.

Granted, some of it he had acquired himself, but I respect him for fixing his mistakes. All we want is for **** to get done.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
I was one of those who was critical of Bergevin in his first year, as I found he was too timid at the trade deadline and did not like the signing of Desharnais and Briere...

Kudos to Bergevin.

Yea star for trading his own acquisition a year later only to add another 4mil of cap space for an extra year for a 3d line winger (if anyone one serious to "contend" , PA in your top 6 is NOT the solution).

Anyways was sure everyone still busy eating that gigantic crow for genius move that was vanek, and adding those two who gives a **** pieces in weaver and weise. Wake me up when we UPGRADE a top 6 winger and get a real top 4 d man.

I'll give him that he's fixing his own mistakes, trying to get rid of some garbage on this team, but he has long road ahead before imma eat some humble pie stuffed with crow

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
He's doing good, but summer is not finished. I'm happy with his work so far however, I'm more confident in him than I was with the last couple of bozos that were GM thats for sure.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012

Gorges
Briere
Parros
Murray
Gionta
Bouillon (likely)

Simply beautiful.

Granted, some of it he had acquired himself, but I respect him for fixing his mistakes. All we want is for **** to get done.

He acquired 2/3 of these bums in the first place.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Agreed. Guy really understands you can't employ losers if you want to win.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Agreed. Guy really understands you can't employ losers if you want to win.

I thought he acquired Briere because he was a winner?

It's clear MB was not at all happy with any of his moves last summer. He ended up replacing Parros and Murray with Weise and Weaver and now has moved Briere.

Recognizing errors and correcting them is important, kudos to him for that

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Kudos to Bergevin.

Something coming rest of us don't know about?? How doesn't trying to trade Gorges to a team he has on his no-trade list, which ended up being a debacle and he likely have to waive Gorges or give him away now. He can't come back, every team knows it, they won't give Habs much. Then dealing a mistake in Briere for P.A., make Bergs a star.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I thought he acquired Briere because he was a winner?

It's clear MB was not at all happy with any of his moves last summer. He ended up replacing Parros and Murray with Weise and Weaver and now has moved Briere.

Recognizing errors and correcting them is important, kudos to him for that

Yup. He has made some meh moves. But he learns from them rather quickly. Still not sold on him, but he's still better than the clown he replaced. The Gorges thing does reek of Gauthier/Gainey though.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
He got them for free and traded one of 'em for a decent player. None of these ''bums'' were signed to bad contracts, manageable low risk 1-2 year deals.

Sure, and he traded one of them for a slight upgrade with double the term, hardly all-star caliber work at display here. The rest he won't get sfa for.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Gorges
Briere
Parros
Murray
Gionta
Bouillon (likely)

Simply beautiful.

Gorges is not deadwood, been a pretty solid soldier for this team for many years.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
He acquired 2/3 of these bums in the first place.

lol....i was just about to write the same thing. Is he a terrible gm - no, but he's made his share of mistakes. Let's see who else he trades for/signs in the next couple of weeks. So far, today's trade is a wash..PAP is another overated forward that meets the Habs' yearly quota of acquiring french players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad