News Article: Bergevin interview on 98.5

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Interesting interview with Bergevin:
Part 1
and Part 2

In french.
He said that Galchenyuk was their first choice.
Other GM tried to 'Pick the change of his pockets' when he started.
McCarron is at least three years from making the line-up.
Cuts are going to be done Thursday.

Last edited:

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
I wish someone would say to him that it's "joue" instead of "jouse". Other than that it was fun to listen.

PricePkPatch*

Fournier is really hard to listen to, but never the less thanks for the link.

Fournier is, like blue cheese, an acquired taste. Don't listen to him and expect to taste chocolate-sweet, but if you know what you are walking into, he's quite fun.

PricePkPatch*

I'd be surprised if McCarron takes more than three years before his first serious bid for a roster spot.

Read between the lines. The comment was obviously made to release the pressure from the kid. Give a wide margin of error; so nobody can claim he's a bust if he hasn't made the lineup in 2 years.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Read between the lines. The comment was obviously made to release the pressure from the kid. Give a wide margin of error; so nobody can claim he's a bust if he hasn't made the lineup in 2 years.

Pretty much. Seems to be the M.O. of the bergevin administration likes to keep the expectations pretty low.

PricePkPatch*

I agree that he's like blue cheese, overrated and he stinks.

:laugh:

Blue Cheese is an absolutely wonderful experience when you have been properly educated in its taste. You don't start eating stuff like Roquefort or Stilton right off the bat; it's like starting to play hockey in an NHL game. You'll get burned.

Gonzo; don't be snotty at stuff you just do not understand. Many things are more niche in term of taste, and none of them are wrong in nature. WWE or Survivor are abhorrent to me, but I am not gonna start insulting these things randomly just because it's not to my liking.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Blue Cheese is an absolutely wonderful experience when you have been properly educated in its taste. You don't start eating stuff like Roquefort or Stilton right off the bat; it's like starting to play hockey in an NHL game. You'll get burned.

Gonzo; don't be snotty at stuff you just do not understand. Many things are more niche in term of taste, and none of them are wrong in nature. WWE or Survivor are abhorrent to me, but I am not gonna start insulting these things randomly just because it's not to my liking.

Well, that escalated quickly considering it was obviously a joke. Take it down a notch, or twelve.

And I spent a lot of time in France growing up, trust me, I've forgotten more about cheese than you'll ever know. ;)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Well, that escalated quickly considering it was obviously a joke. Take it down a notch, or twelve.

And I spent a lot of time in France growing up, trust me, I've forgotten more about cheese than you'll ever know. ;)

No wonder you smell so bad.

PricePkPatch*

Don't throw gratuitous insults at people's likings if you don't want them to be defensive.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Interesting interview with Bergevin:
Part 1
and Part 2

In french.
He said that Galchenyuk was their first choice.
Other GM tried to 'Pick the change of his pockets' when he started.
McCarron is at least three years from making the line-up.
Cuts are going to be done Thursday.

What does 'Pick the change of his pockets' mean ?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Don't throw gratuitous insults at people's likings if you don't want them to be defensive.

Please give the Blue Cheese Association of Newcastle my sincerest apologies for making an obvious joke on a hockey forum.

I hope they can recover from the shame and disgrace I cast upon them.

September 24th. Never forget!

What does 'Pick the change of his pockets' mean ?

It's an idiom that more or less means they gave him the rookie treatment. IE: Other GMs offered him weak deals.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Please give the Blue Cheese Association of Newcastle my sincerest apologies for making an obvious joke on a hockey forum.

I hope they can recover from the shame and disgrace I cast upon them.

September 24th. Never forget!

It's an idiom that more or less means they gave him the rookie treatment. IE: Other GMs offered him weak deals.

Philippe Lalanne ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad