raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
s-l500 (15).jpg

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Comrie is just too small for NHL shooters, they can pick him apart. He's fine when the puck is along the ice but he gets shredded up high. He's a quality AHL starting goalie now but barring him fixing something that allows him to not give up the top of the net he isn't NHL caliber. Its too bad as he is a great person with a terrific work ethic.

Berdin i am not sure on. He had a crazy hot stretch in the AHL as a rookie bit came crashing back down to earth whe he was asked to be the Moose's starter the year after. I like his flair but dislike his technique. He has the size and athleticism though if it comes together.

Holm seems to have good size and technique but yeah goalies are tough to peg.

Point was we can afford to lose a Berdin in the draft.
Something I meant to add.

Comrie is 6'1. That's a small, but not impossibility so for an NHL goalie. He's listed at the same high as Quick and King Henrik. He looks way the hell smaller than that in net though.

I know he got a ton of credit for using advanced technique, dating back to junior. That's probably true, but he's always looked small and relied heavily on a fast-twitch butterfly and kick saves.

That's a lot harder to do versus NHL shooters than Hellebuyck's big and boring.

Berdin has been somewhere between the two from my viewings. More pucks hit him flush in the chest, but he does have some of that crazy athleticism.

I haven't seen enough of Holm to form an opinion, but my limited viewing read is that he's closer yet to Hellebuyck. Hellebuyck is a master class tactician though, and that's not any easy game to play.

I don't think any of them have shown enough to be a good bet for NHL success. I'm a lot more comfortable moving forward with both Holm and Berdin. I still think their NHL odds a close to equal.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Something I meant to add.

Comrie is 6'1. That's a small, but not impossibility so for an NHL goalie. He's listed at the same high as Quick and King Henrik. He looks way the hell smaller than that in net though.

I know he got a ton of credit for using advanced technique, dating back to junior. That's probably true, but he's always looked small and relied heavily on a fast-twitch butterfly and kick saves.

That's a lot harder to do versus NHL shooters than Hellebuyck's big and boring.

Berdin has been somewhere between the two from my viewings. More pucks hit him flush in the chest, but he does have some of that crazy athleticism.

I haven't seen enough of Holm to form an opinion, but my limited viewing read is that he's closer yet to Hellebuyck. Hellebuyck is a master class tactician though, and that's not any easy game to play.

I don't think any of them have shown enough to be a good bet for NHL success. I'm a lot more comfortable moving forward with both Holm and Berdin. I still think their NHL odds a close to equal.

I thinknits more so that Vomrie isn't very broad then his height so shooters have more of the net to shoot at. You are correct that not very many pucks just hit him which is why so many random screen shots from far out manage to beet him where if he was a bit bigger he would get a few more breaks.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I thinknits more so that Vomrie isn't very broad then his height so shooters have more of the net to shoot at. You are correct that not very many pucks just hit him which is why so many random screen shots from far out manage to beet him where if he was a bit bigger he would get a few more breaks.

I know it's a typo but Vomrie seems somehow... appropriate. :laugh:

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad