Bent & Deslauriers

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Can some body let me know some info about Kelly Bent and/or Jean-Simon Deslauriers.

speed? ability? type of player?

J-S Deslauriers was drafted to be the offensive catalyst on the CB blueline... his numbers aren't yet there and obviously he wasn't happy in CB. He hasn't been playing hockey for 2 months now tho, he "Quit hockey".

At 17 he's a player with a load of potential, but he's gonna have trouble getting back up to speed, obviously the kid has some baggage too if he'll just bail on his team a month into the season.. but that can probably be blamed on an agent or advice he's getting from outside sources.

Honestly the way CB was run to start the year its hard to blame him for jumping off that boat...

Draft Video and interview with John Moore, if you want to hear him describe himself in his own words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNu9OnRGqg

As for Kelly Bent the kid has 21 career games and 5 fights in those 21 games. No points... I wouldn't be expecting a lot of high octane offense out of Bent but he's tough and seems hungry to make a name for himself, dropping the gloves with opponents older than he is. Reminds me a bit of how Sawyer Hannay started out.

Last edited:

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
ok, hope Deslauriers will find back is love for hockey over here. Groulx sees big in him and Carrier for the future of the defensive.

For Bent, I really did not expect a producer point in his case. Olympiques need an energy guy who plays a physical game and love to fight. This is a lack in Gatineau.

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
Deslauriers was drafted to be the Mark Barberio the Eagles never had lol

Turns out he was too small and kept getting hurt. I think he's still around 160lbs...

He had a nice first pass out of the zone but he never knew when to jump into plays in the offensive zone and it seemed every time he did, he would get knocked off the puck insanely easily.

Maybe he packed on some pounds during his two months off and he gets something going with Gatineau but his time in CB was real bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad