Ben's, HYD's, and RK 17's 2 Year GM Game v.1.3 (Signup + Discussion) [Activity Check]

BigBenSF*

:nhl

Ben's, HYD's, and RK 17's GM Game v.1.3

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING A REPLACEMENT GM

[fieldset="Jobs"]
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Dates"]
(Rough estimates)

• Trading Opens: Thursday 12/26 8:00 PM
  • Trade Deadline (Year 1): Tuesday 12/31 12:00 AM
  • Free Agency Begins: Thursday 1/2 12:00 AM
  • Free Agency Ends: Saturday 1/4 9:00 PM
  • Trade Deadline (Year 2): Monday 1/6 12:00 AM

*All times EST, and subject to change.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="General Rules"]
  • This will be a two year game.
  • There will be 15 teams competing.
  • All players from the unselected teams will enter free agency at the end of year 1.
  • The unselected players in addition to unrestricted free agents will be bidded on in an auction-style format.
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • The salary cap is $90,000,000.
  • The cap will be at $90M for both years.
  • Use the "Armchair GM" tool on Capgeek to make your roster. It can be found here.
  • We are using 2013-14 cap hits for year one, and 2014-15 cap hits in year two.
  • Teams cannot exceed the salary cap at any time. If a trade puts you over the cap, that trade will be vetoed. Repeated violation of this rule will result in the GM being fired.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 24 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • If a player clears his cap hit will be off your cap.
  • Teams will be allowed to waive a maximum of five players in each year.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades do not need to be sent into to anyone. just post it up.
  • All NTC's have been waived.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The league will hold a meeting and decide, with the GMs in question, how to work the trade out. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair, but to make it less one sided.
  • You may not make any trades until you post your roster. Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be official until your roster is posted.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • Trades can be retained up to 50% in salary. Salary can only be retained in the year that you are competing in. For example, if I trade Crosby at 50% retained in the first year, his retained salary will not impact my cap hit in the second year. On the other side, If I trade for Bortuzzo at 50% retained in the first year, his entire cap hit will count against me for the second.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Free Agency + Re-signings"]
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Voting"]
  • New Rule: In order for your team to qualify for the playoffs, you must participate in standings voting. Any team that does not send in standings votes will automatically be disqualified from playoff contention.
  • Voting on the Stanley Cup conference finals, Stanley Cup, and rebuild cup will be held on the polls forum.
  • Because there are 15 teams competing, there will be a play-in game between the 9th seed and either the 8th or 10th seed (depending on if the 9th seed rebuilt or contended)
[/FIELDSET]

Other interesting "different" things:

After the 2nd season there will be a 2015 draft lottery. This time, McDavid will go to the winner of the lottery, with the 2nd having the choice of either Matt Barzal or Jack Eichel. 3rd gets whoever is left.

There will be activity checks, with people required to post in the thread whenever one is commenced. If you will not be present for an activity check potentially (there will be one every 2-4 days), PM one of Ben, RK, or me.

I will be checking after every transaction to make sure you have not gone over the cap. KEEP YOUR ROSTER UPDATED. If your roster is not updated when you make a trade then the trade will be vetoed.

[fieldset="Western Conference"]
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"]
[/fieldset]

Last edited by a moderator:

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Other interesting "different" things:

After the 2nd season there will be a 2015 draft lottery. This time, McDavid will go to the winner of the lottery, with the 2nd having the choice of either Matt Barzal or Jack Eichel. 3rd gets whoever is left.

There will be activity checks, with people required to post in the thread whenever one is commenced. If you will not be present for an activity check potentially (there will be one every 2-4 days), PM one of Ben, RK, or me.

I will be checking after every transaction to make sure you have not gone over the cap. KEEP YOUR ROSTER UPDATED. If your roster is not updated when you make a trade then the trade will be vetoed.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:wings

Will be doing a mini rebuild the first year. Weiss, Franzen, Bertuzzi, Quincey, and possibly Alfredsson on the block. PM me if interested in anybody.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
:leafs

We are rebuilding.

OTB:

Phil Kessel
Dion Phaneuf
Joffrey Lupul
Jonathan Bernier
Cody Franson
Carl Gunnarsson
Tyler Bozak
David Clarkson
John-Michael Liles
Nikolai Kulemin
Mason Raymond
Jay McClement
Paul Ranger
Troy Bodie
Trevor Smith
Jerred Smithson

James Van Riemsdyk isn't OTB, but mayy be available for the right price.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
:bolts

We are REBUILDING!

Will field offers on any player, though, at this point, Steven Stamkos will likely be staying. All other roster players can be discussed. Will retain salary in year 1 only, unless you want to pay to change my mind :)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just a general warning, as I shouldn't have to remind you all anymore. The chat is not to be linked or mentioned in this thread or anywhere else on HFBoards. It's obvious that some of you didn't listen the first time, so this is your last warning. Anymore references succeeding this warning will result in an infraction.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
:sabres Rebuilding.

Everyone on the OTB for prospects.

Also interested in hiring an assistant.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
:avs

Likely rebuilding. Everyone is OTB except Mac and probably Landy. Duchene has already netted a very good offer and will take a lot to move as he's still young enough to be a cornerstone on a rebuilder.

PM me any offer you have in mind or look for me on chatzy.

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
:ducks are Contending

Silfverberg, Etem, Gibson, H. Lindholm, Vatanen, Rakell, Theodore and OTT and ANA 1st round draft picks are available. We are also open to talks involving Cam Fowler but he will require a great deal.

As for anyone looking for a goaltender we will move any, we have Hiller, Fasth, Andersen and Gibson and theirs not enough room for them all!

However nobody is untouchable so feel free to ask about anyone.

As for our wants, the ducks want list we are looking for the following:
2nd line center
Top line Winger
Defensive Defenseman
Forward and Defense Depth

Last edited:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
:habs rebuilding

Untouchables
Subban
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Prospects

Everyone else OTB
Pacioretty
Plekanec
Price
Markov
Emelin
Eller
Gorges
Ect

As always quality over quantity

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:ducks are Contending

Silfverberg, Etem, Gibson, H. Lindholm, Vatanen, Rakell, Theodore and OTT and ANA 1st round draft picks are available. We are also open to talks involving Cam Fowler but he will require a great deal.

As for anyone looking for a goaltender we will move any, we have Hiller, Fasth, Andersen and Gibson and theirs not enough room for them all!

However nobody is untouchable so feel free to ask about anyone.

As for our wants, the ducks want list we are looking for the following:
2nd line center
Top line Winger
Defensive Defenseman
Forward and Defense Depth

Welcome back Pig.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad