Benoit Pouliot

Pontius Palat

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
He was traded last year for a 5th round pick and a career minor league player so at least a 4th pick would do it since he had a good year. Some people on here still wanna keep him though.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'd be willing to give his rights for a 3rd straight up. He's a 2nd/3rd line tweener, not gonna get a 3rd plus a prospect for that IMO.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I'd be willing to give his rights for a 3rd straight up. He's a 2nd/3rd line tweener, not gonna get a 3rd plus a prospect for that IMO.

I'd be happy giving up a 3rd only for him. He'd improve the Devils 3rd line and I think he still has Top6 (LW2) upside.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Are you looking for offense or defense?

Well we finished 3rd in the league in G/G with the two top point scorers in the regular season.

I would say defense is preferred but open to offense prospects. Not sure I would part with him for a pick less than 2.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I think Tampa really needs to deal his rights. I would think if we could get a 3rd straight up, or a 4th and a prospect it would be good for us. We simply have other players who fill his role for less money (I like Panik over Pouliot any day of the week personally).

We should be shopping him this off season, so if NJD needs some offense, he isnt a bad pick up. Hes a good player, we just have a lot of options.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
He was traded last year for a 5th round pick and a career minor league player so at least a 4th pick would do it since he had a good year. Some people on here still wanna keep him though.

Absolutely agree. We should maximize his value if we trade him. A 4th would be good or we should just keep him.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Pouliot was 6th in terms of point production and he had limited TOI. He was on pace for 40 points in a 68 game season (counting the games he missed in the shortened season). I wouldn't trade him for a 4th, I'd be looking at a 2nd rounder or a 3rd-4th combo at the least.

More: That's on pace for 48 points in a 82 game season. He played on the top line with Stamkos and MSL in the days of Boucher. Do we really want to trade away a potential 50 point scorer for a 4th rounder? I don't see why we don't sign him for a one year extension unless we get a great trade offer.

Does anyone remember when got Purcell? He got 9 points in 19 games, on pace for 38 points in a full season. The next season he got 51 points, followed by 65. This was a player that did not succeed in the previous system he was in (L.A), but now Purcell is now considered trade bait on these forums for players like Bieksa.

So why wouldn't we give this chance to Pouliot?

Last edited:

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Does anyone remember when got Purcell? He got 9 points in 19 games, on pace for 38 points in a full season. The next season he got 51 points, followed by 65. This was a player that did not succeed in the previous system he was in (L.A), but now Purcell is now considered trade bait on these forums for players like Bieksa.

So why wouldn't we give this chance to Pouliot?

Pouliot certainly is a talented player, and I wouldn't be complaining at all if we re-sign him. But if its a situation where we don't resign him... we better get something out of his contract. I just doubt a team would give up a 2nd for Pouliot, but I have been wrong many times before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad