Tribute Benning regime still fired Part 4

Do you support the firing of the Benning regime

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Why is this still a thing? It's like talking about an Ex from last year or a TV show that was cancelled. Not trying to be rude...but wtf mang.

Let us have somewhere to revel in the joy of the end of the worst era in Canucks history. It was 8 (ish) years and we've only had less then 3 months.

Reactions: Javaman

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
[Tornado destroys Kansas community]

Governor: Holy sh** guys we gave you aid money three months ago, and you’re still talking about the goddamn tornado?

Townsfolk: It affected absolutely everything we do. We’re trying to figure out how to rebuild our town, and how to avoid this in the future. The aid money wasn’t enough to restore the power grid, let alone repair the whole town.

Governor: The tornado is gone! Live your lives!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Why is this still a thing? It's like talking about an Ex from last year or a TV show that was cancelled. Not trying to be rude...but wtf mang.

517AD541-E837-496D-B606-35381E908680.jpeg

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The votes are really starting to come in, and boy are they onesided :yo:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

Given how long the hero worshippers with photoshopped Benning avatars were going on about Gillis and "cupboards bare, cupboards bare!!!1111111", this is a comparative drop in the bucket.

It's also nice to have a place where any spilled tea on Benning and Weisbrod's mishaps can be found. I'm hoping for more.

Also, have you ever met a fan of the show Firefly?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Given how long the hero worshippers with photoshopped Benning avatars were going on about Gillis and "cupboards bare, cupboards bare!!!1111111", this is a comparative drop in the bucket.

It's also nice to have a place where any spilled tea on Benning and Weisbrod's mishaps can be found. I'm hoping for more.

Yeah, I would say we have at least 5 years of shitting on Benning given how long posters blamed Gillis for empty cupboards. At least Gillis had a fair amount of success as GM. Benning sucked ass at pretty much every aspect of his job.

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell
NHL history!!! Really!
Most money ever spent with a team that never had a wining record
Most losses
Just about every category because he was the GM soooo long. too long.
And it still took multiple games of booing, fire Benning chants, sell the team chants, fire Benning signs at other NHL areans, and a jersey thrown on the ice to finally make it happen.

Not to mention countless season ticket cancelations.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Cuz its a big thing. The guy did alot of damage to this organization on and off the ice which will take alot of time to fix. Since his last parting gift to us was 5 1/2 more years of OEL at $7mil/year his name will still come up. I cant begin to calculate how much $$ he pissed away on a bottom of the league roster. He dealt away picks and left the prospect pool for the future pretty bare.
He is right there with Mike Milbury bad at GMing

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Cuz its a big thing. The guy did alot of damage to this organization on and off the ice which will take alot of time to fix. Since his last parting gift to us was 5 1/2 more years of OEL at $7mil/year his name will still come up. I cant begin to calculate how much $$ he pissed away on a bottom of the league roster. He dealt away picks and left the prospect pool for the future pretty bare.
He is right there with Mike Milbury bad at GMing

Benning literally blew over $100 million of Frankie's money on replacement level players (not even factoring in OEL's deal). Might even be closer to $200 million, I haven't done the math in a couple of years.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Always makes me laugh when people go "why are we still talking about Benning? It's old news, you guys need therapy"

First of all, the pro benning guys were still blaming Gillis even after Benning got fired.

Second, yes we all do, 8 years of horror will do that to a fan. This is part of it.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Always makes me laugh when people go "why are we still talking about Benning? It's old news, you guys need therapy"

First of all, the pro benning guys were still blaming Gillis even after Benning got fired.

Second, yes we all do, 8 years of horror will do that to a fan. This is part of it.

Didn't people complain about wanting to shut down this thread within weeks of Benning getting fired? Imagine being so emotionally immature that you can't even handle other people discussing a topic that you were wrong about.

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

Firefly is awesome, even if my opinion of Joss Whedon has changed.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This thread is going to take a break for a bit.

What this thread is allowed to be - a place to discuss in civil terms the pros, cons, impact and legacy of Benning’s tenure with the Canucks and its end. Healthy debate and discourse is encouraged.

What this thread is not allowed to be - a place for those who disliked Benning to dunk on / perform a victory lap on others who held a different opinion and mock them for it. No thread or forum on HFBoards is allowed to demean other fans. Everyone here is intelligent and capable of following these rules.

And on one last note - if you disagree with a thread’s content, by all means, do not post in it. Unless it is violating site rules, either debate the post in question in a civil manner, or ignore it and move on.

I’ll consider re-opening this in a bit.

Reactions: RussianRacket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad