Do you support the firing of the Benning regime

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Remember the Site Rules vis a vis flaming and trolling.

The rules do not permit those who hated Benning to dunk on / do a victory lap on those who appreciated his tenure.

The rules also don’t permit those who appreciated his tenure flaming or trolling those who didn’t by martyring themselves and/or those who got fired.

Feel free to clinically discuss their tenure and the decisions that lead to their firing. Feel free to engage in polite debate. Rule breakers will be removed from the discussion and possibly be subject to further action.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
JEB still fired, we still party.
200.gif

And let me add the cherry on top: F*** YOU JEB! 凸=皿=

Reactions: geebaan and M2Beezy

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
There was so much cognitive dissonance around during that time...
Around here...
And even outside in the real world...
That it felt like a twilight zone episode.

I honestly begun to doubt myself...
Before I decided to just not talk about anything Canucks related.
I am just glad that I was not actually crazy.
:laugh:

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I hope they do well in their careers/lives after this. Not easy appeasing this owner but maybe all sides have learned the lesson of what not to do.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I hope they do well in their careers/lives after this. Not easy appeasing this owner but maybe all sides have learned the lesson of what not to do.
They didn't learn shit lmao

They had an opportunity - let's face it every day - to reflect on this whole mess and change direction.

Specifically, that 2017-2018 season when the linden rift began and they decided to double down every year in that they believed the heavy lifting was done (which they never actually did they just built bad teams that they thought were good and got high picks because this league rewards losers)

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

I don't really care if Benning et al have learned anything from this; I don't foresee any of the old management team getting hired to an NHL front office again. It's going to be pretty hard to distance themselves from Benning. Even Chris Gear, who was in charge of the RFAs, made some bad moves on that front too and said some ill advised stuff on social media after the firing.

Really, what I care about is FA and the AQ family learning from this. FA tried to play dress-up as a de-facto team president and it blew up in his face. He allegedly veto'ed trades and pushed for signings. He kept JB over Linden because JB sold him the 'quick rebuild' fantasy plan.

Now, we are hearing noises from JR and Allvin of a retool rather than a strip-down rebuild. I think, truly, FA respects JR and will give him autonomy for a while, but how long before he decides he needs to sell playoff tickets and loses patience? Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Let's hope that JR didn't sell FA on a quick fix plan and actually does a thorough evaluation with the team he has hired and makes the prudent moves to get us back to a conference top 4 team in 2-3 years.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Why is this still a thing? It's like talking about an Ex from last year or a TV show that was cancelled. Not trying to be rude...but wtf mang.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Why is this still a thing? It's like talking about an Ex from last year or a TV show that was cancelled. Not trying to be rude...but wtf mang.
This wasn’t a normal failed tenure. This was like call in the rape cops shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad