Bennett vs Monahan

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Bennett has the much better hands and speed so I think his potential to put up points is better than Mony.

I can see why he thinks Gilbert Brule though. Brule was a great junior player.

Why Brule failed? He was rushed into the NHL, no supporting system at all. He was also not bulked up yet and smaller than SB. SB has a bigger frame and even then still has to put on more muscle. Brule, because of his physical game and statuture, he got those early concussions and his game totally changed after that. He wasn't fearless at all and became really soft and he never regained form.

Brule didn't fail because he didn't have the skill or ability, he failed because of bad luck and physically he just wasn't ready for for the NHL. I remember seeing him and he was good but when he was rushed up by the Jackets, he was just getting thrown around all over the place. I mean he suffered injuries (broken leg post draft) just in his first year and he missed 20ish games. That is huge for development and the Jackets were a really messed up team back then too. That concussion in 2011 really destroyed his game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad