Bennett vs Monahan

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Monahan is a better 2-way center, with above average skill that is extremely smart and will be better in his own end. I see Monahan topping out at 65-75pts. I think Bennett will be more than adequate in his own end, but will definitely be more offensive therefore he will be a more sexy favourite. I see Bennett as having 70-80 upside. I picked Bennett, but I like these guys equally for different reasons.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Monahan has a Daniel Tkaczuk-type ceiling, Bennett is more in the mould of a young Rico Fata. Really tough call; both great players.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Your day to day posting is getting to be as bad as your GDT's, Anglesmith.

Pls.

Stahp.

FGshotsfired.gif

Shots fired.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I feel like Bennett is the biggest question mark of the four top drafted. I hope I'm wrong in feeling like he is te most likely to bust.

I think Draisaitl is for his skating issues. While that is definitely correctable for Leon, Bennett's main drawback is his strength. Adding strength and muscle is probably the most attainable goal for any 18 year old player, they just need to put in their time in the gym and eat right. You can tell Bennett will put in the work so I have zero worries about him. His skill is just as transferrable as anyone's.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think Draisaitl is for his skating issues. While that is definitely correctable for Leon, Bennett's main drawback is his strength. Adding strength and muscle is probably the most attainable goal for any 18 year old player, they just need to put in their time in the gym and eat right. You can tell Bennett will put in the work so I have zero worries about him. His skill is just as transferrable as anyone's.

I agree. I think Bennett may have the least chance of being a star though, I think his floor is something like a Stillman level player and he should be an NHL guy (imagine once be puts on muscle!) but yeah, I have my concerns about Bennett as well.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How is this even being considered? Bennett hasn't even suited up yet.

They are very different players; both will be integral if Calgary is to do anything in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad