Benn vs Radulov 2021-21 season

Who will have the better season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Both players coming off mediocre regular seasons by their standards, in spite of going to the SCF in the Edmonton bubble. The run was mostly fueled by excellent performances from Heiskanen, Klingberg, Pavelski, Gurianov and Khudobin.

Radulov 2019-20 stats (per 82 game pace):
21 G - 26 A - 47 pts

Benn 2019-20 stars (per 82 game pace):
23 G - 24 A - 47 pts

Radulov peaked a season before with a 84 point pace season, and Benn is a former Art Ross winner, topping out at 89 points at his best. Benn is 31 years old, Radulov is 34 years old.

Who will be the better player next year for the Stars?

Last edited:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
2021-22? We're getting a little ahead of ourselves. But Benn I am sure. I mean, as a player, he is much better, if you look beyond points.

And Radulov is just going to be another year older.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Looks like people are on the fence or slightly favoring Benn.

I voted Radulov because I think his game is more centered around his hockey IQ and vision, compared to Benn who relies heavily on his physical attributes.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Looks like people are on the fence or slightly favoring Benn.

I voted Radulov because I think his game is more centered around his hockey IQ and vision, compared to Benn who relies heavily on his physical attributes.

This hasn't really been true about Benn since the year he won the Art Ross. He has the odd game where he's physical, but he has really toned down that side of his game.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This hasn't really been true about Benn since the year he won the Art Ross. He has the odd game where he's physical, but he has really toned down that side of his game.

He’s toned it down a bit but those are the attributes that make Benn a difference maker in a game.

He’s not that fast, his hands are good but not filthy, his shot is great but he’s not a sniper and his vision is good but not world class. What really made Benn stand out was his power forward style combined with high end skill, which is only rivaled by Ovechkin in today’s league.

Matthew Tkachuk is the only young player that has a game similar to Benn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad