Prospect Info: Benjamin Finkelstein (2016, #195 overall), Boston College (NCAA)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tallon: "Hey Tom, look at this ****ing name! Do we still have a pick on the 7th?"
Rowe: "No... You're not saying..."
Tallon: "Get on the ****ing phone and get me this guy!"

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I actually have something to post...wow...

So I saw the kid's from the same town where I work, and asked one of my co-workers (the boss's son, who is now working in our office) if he'd heard of him. He told me he plays with Finklestein's brother in his summer league so he knows him well, and is going to play against Ben in their league's championship game tomorrow. Says he's one of the best players he's ever played against - small, but very smart with the puck. 70 points in his last USHL season. Stocky, so I presume there's a lot of muscle on that diminutive frame (kid's listed a hair shorter than even I am). Co-worker was offering to get me some autographs but I told him I don't go in for that :laugh: just want a scouting report after tomorrow's game.

Apparently he was playing at Cairns Arena yesterday about a mile up the road from where I am right now, and didn't have cell service until he left, when he found out he'd been drafted.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
This thread hasn't been updated since he transferred to BC. Led the Eagles' defensemen in scoring this year (on a team that was one of the top teams in the nation).

Any impressions from previous development camps that suggest he can be a part of the Panthers' system going forward?

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Now a UFA. Any potential for an AHL deal or a free agent contract elsewhere? Tough year to begin a professional career.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I doubt he's on any nhl team's radar. Small offensive defenseman prospect with mediocre defense. Every team already has a similar prospect just like him or better that they may not even sign.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I’m sure he’ll get some sort of pro deal somewhere, it likely won’t be an NHL contract though. He’s basically a shorter Matheson with lesser wheels. Torey Krug-lite-lite, Will Butcher-lite.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad