Waived: Ben Street

May 27, 2012
Earth
Glencross making his return? I like GlenX but my opinion on him has changed this season. Since Burke is GM, he doesn't have to honor the contract he signed with Feaster. It would be kind of ****** move, but if we could get something of value I wouldn't be against it. I lik ethe way the team is playing and would rather not have him into the lineup. That's just me though.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Glencross making his return? I like GlenX but my opinion on him has changed this season. Since Burke is GM, he doesn't have to honor the contract he signed with Feaster. It would be kind of ****** move, but if we could get something of value I wouldn't be against it. I lik ethe way the team is playing and would rather not have him into the lineup. That's just me though.

My opinion has also changed on GlenX. Last year I would have said he was almost untouchable but this year he has been injured a lot and I like the way the team has played without him, if we could get a nice return, a GlenX deal wouldn't bother me in the slightest.he does still have that NTC though and I doubt he waives it

Aug 3, 2010
I'd be surprised if no-one claims him.

To Calgary's benefit/detriment, most team will look at players like Street and say "if he can't even make Calgary's regular roster, why should I waste my organization's resources on him?"

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Doesn't matter what another team offers as long as GlenX has a NMC he is in control. The funny thing is he plays like what he is being payed to play like we are just so use to the top 6 player that GlenX can be when he has someone creating space for him (Jokinen, then Iginla).

May 27, 2012
Earth
Doesn't matter what another team offers as long as GlenX has a NMC he is in control. The funny thing is he plays like what he is being payed to play like we are just so use to the top 6 player that GlenX can be when he has someone creating space for him (Jokinen, then Iginla).

Yeah I figured that. I knew about his NMC, and assumed most people knew it. That is why I didn't mention it.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm excited to see a healthy lineup

Hudler - Backlund - GlenX
Cammy - Monahan - Stempniak
Bouma - Stajan - Jones
Westgarth - Colborne - McGrattan

Sep 12, 2012
I'm excited to see a healthy lineup

Hudler - Backlund - GlenX
Cammy - Monahan - Stempniak
Bouma - Stajan - Jones
Westgarth - Colborne - McGrattan

Hudler and Backlund aren't space makers, which is what Glencross needs to be effective.

Best case scenario: he waives his NMC and gets traded for a pick and a prospect.

Other than that, he'll need to be on a line with Bouma or Jones to do his thing. That is, if he's even motivated, and keeps his game simple. Give him 5 games to get his conditioning back, and if he's not performing, he needs some time on the 4th line.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hudler and Backlund aren't space makers, which is what Glencross needs to be effective.

Best case scenario: he waives his NMC and gets traded for a pick and a prospect.

Other than that, he'll need to be on a line with Bouma or Jones to do his thing. That is, if he's even motivated, and keeps his game simple. Give him 5 games to get his conditioning back, and if he's not performing, he needs some time on the 4th line.

Never said either were but his physical play could be a nice addition with Hudler. Man you guys give up on guys fast he has had a hard 21 games this year scoring 12 points (pace of 47 points in 82 games) at 2.55 and everyone wants him out. I think he has been fine we just can't expect him to be the ~25 goal scorer.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Never said either were but his physical play could be a nice addition with Hudler. Man you guys give up on guys fast he has had a hard 21 games this year scoring 12 points (pace of 47 points in 82 games) at 2.55 and everyone wants him out. I think he has been fine we just can't expect him to be the ~25 goal scorer.

Yup. Nice post. Except when healthy I'd say we CAN expect a 25 goal scorer.

Also, I would assume that the Flames will also be sellers at the deadline next year. Might as well save some for later.

No point in moving a guy whose value is likely at an all time low. And besides, I really like Glencross.

Sep 12, 2012
I've never been a supporter of inconsistent players.
With guys like Glencross and Stempniak it's one of producing or passenger, and you never know which one you're going to get from game to game. I was so happy when Bourque was dealt.

So Glencross took a hometown discount and left ~1M on the table to secure the NMC. He was invisible at best in every game he's played this season, mostly just riding the coat tails of the team and quietly scavenging points.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
For Glencross to be successful he needs to go back to playing a blue collar game. No more dipsy doodling, trying to be a star. Hes forcing things way too much offensively. But, with his injuries I don't know if he will return to his old game. Either way. Not ready to give up on him.

As for Street, no surprise.. Hopefully he makes it through.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
My opinion has also changed on GlenX. Last year I would have said he was almost untouchable but this year he has been injured a lot and I like the way the team has played without him, if we could get a nice return, a GlenX deal wouldn't bother me in the slightest.he does still have that NTC though and I doubt he waives it

There has to be some veterans on the team. My money is that GlenX lasts longer than Colborne, given that Burke resigned Stajan for 4 years

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I also really liked Colborne on the wing with Monahan. I thought he played a much more noticeable game put in that position.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I also really liked Colborne on the wing with Monahan. I thought he played a much more noticeable game put in that position.

I agree, I feel he uses his size more effectively crashing the boards on the forecheck rather than having to cover his zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad