Recalled/Assigned: Ben Street called up, Kipper/Backlund on I.R., Babchuk activated

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Looks like Irving will have a good solid chance to show what he can do now. I expect good things.

And Backlund really does have some awful luck. Shows some jump during pre-season last year but breaks a finger. When he comes back, he's relegated to the fourth line and never gets a proper chance again. This season, he's showing that he can be a legitimate top six forward, only to get injured again. It's a shame really. I do hope it doesn't affect his confidence going forward.

Edit: From TSN:
Kiprusoff was placed on IR retroactive to February 5th with a Grade 1 MCL sprain. He is expected to miss approximately one week, according to a team release. Backlund is out with a Grade 2 MCL sprain and could miss 4-6 weeks, according to the release.

Okay, time to tank.

Last edited:

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
This is real bad, 4-6 weeks is hard to swallow, especially from a player who was finally breaking out. I hope street makes the most of this opportunity

Flamesfan13

Nov 6, 2006
Calgary AB
.......And with the 1st overall selection in the 2013 National Hockey League draft, the Calgary Flames are so proud to select from the Portland Winter Hawks of the WHL........ Defenceman Seth Jones

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So what was essentially the second line on opening day (Sven - Backlund - Cammy) is now all injured. That's no small blow to the team's depth.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
You gotta feel for Backlund. Poor kid can't catch a break.

Cripes. I hope Baertschi is healthy soon.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Does this sink Backlund like last year?

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad