Tribute Ben Stelter chant

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
This is a bit of an odd post and I don’t want it to become a big “production” but I dont know of a better way to express it: I just want to give a huge salute to the Oilers players, staff, and management that did what they did for young Ben Stelter. I also want to give a special shout out to the fans that gathered in the hall and were chanting “Let’s Go Ben” during the press availability with Ben and Hyman. What a moment! I just finished watching it on Instagram and I’m not ashamed to say that it caused a sob or two. I don’t know Ben Stelter at all. I’m fortunate not to have any similar situation happening with any of my loved ones. But to see something that cool done for a young man that has had a ridiculously tough row to hoe makes me so grateful and happy for everyone involved. Best wishes to everyone that had a hand in it, and Godspeed Ben! You got this!

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
There is good in the world! Sometimes it is easy to forget that!
Yeah, I said in the pregame thread I was sorry I missed the national anthem to get his story & experience the standing-O he got. I was watching the Hymen post game interview posted above & had to do a little research to find out what was going on & the significance.

Stuff like this gives us all hope for the good in humanity.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Loved the moment and glad I was there to see it personally. It breaks my heart to see something like this happen to kids, but it's reality unfortunately. I am blessed to have 4 healthy kids grow into adulthood, and never stop thanking my lucky stars. To hear that this little fellow's cancer has come back is almost unbearable. I hope he pulls through, never stop believing and fighting, but from that info, it seems pretty grim.

BTW, great thread Bud, thankyou.:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad