Ben Johnson faces two sexual assault charges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis56

Mar 13, 2013
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9ZyK?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nhl

If the above link doesn't work, please copy and paste it to your browser. I'm new on here and still have a lot to learn. Sorry.

So is Ben Johnson the new Mike Danton? He will never play for the Devils, if he ever plays again. What a stupid idiot! I hope the women recover from this, as best as can be expected.

Thank God it was only Ben Johnson and not a top prospect.

This whole mess is just horrible and sad!!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if that will mean he never plays for the Devils, but it surely doesn't help his hockey career at all.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
good on those two girls on stepping forward, this kind of good ol' boy ********* gets swept under the rug too often.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
probably should wait for more info before jumping to a 'guilty' conclusion. sad news though

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
probably should wait for more info before jumping to a 'guilty' conclusion. sad news though

Whoa, a rational thought on such a subject? Who know this was possible?

There's a reason people are innocent until proven guilty. None of us here know what happened that night.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Whoa, a rational thought on such a subject? Who know this was possible?

There's a reason people are innocent until proven guilty. None of us here know what happened that night.

and from me, no less!! :laugh:

seriously though, the practice of claiming ____ against a recent draft pick or even an established athlete is becoming a bit too common. not saying this is the case here, but lets hear the facts/evidence first.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Im not saying JOhnson is innocent or anything like that, but it does happen that a girl and guy go into the bathroom and.... they will usually get caught add in a 16 year old girl in a nightclub probably drunk she will say anything to save her own ass.
The second girl only say's something 3 weeks after this happens, Why wait?
There was also a tweet from a Spitfire Player saying that one of the girls is a sibling to one of the spitfire players

Last edited:

apice3*

Unfortunately, a lot of guys out there do this. It's disgusting.

Unfrotunately, a lot of girls lie about this stuff. It's disgusting.

We should probably wait to hear what actually happened before picking sides.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Was it ever disclosed what Merrill did?

Some NCAA rules are absurd, the kid could be trash or he could have violated a rule that doesn't even exist at most universities.

Nobody is sure what happened to cause his long suspension at Michigan, but back in Jan. 2010 he got suspended from his high school and the USA U18 team.

"As Merrill tells it, some girls at the school went to the principal with allegations of what they described as “harassment†from a group of students. He called it “hazing†and “messing around with them.†After an investigation, Merrill and the other accused students were suspended."

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2010/06/incoming_michigan_freshman_and.html

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Unfortunately, a lot of guys out there do this. It's disgusting.

Unfrotunately, a lot of girls lie about this stuff. It's disgusting.

We should probably wait to hear what actually happened before picking sides.

Exactly.

We can go on about young girls being all but forced to "entertain" young athletes, just to be accepted into "crew". Or be treated as outcast by their own schoolmates.
And we can go on about youngsters that think they are entitled to anything they desire.
Or about girls just plain making stuff up to save their own a$$ (be it drinking while underage, be it to cover sex activities from parents, etc.)

Anything can be truth in todays world. Unfortunatelly.
Hopefully, girls are OK. It'll be less from two evils.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Nobody is sure what happened to cause his long suspension at Michigan, but back in Jan. 2010 he got suspended from his high school and the USA U18 team.

"As Merrill tells it, some girls at the school went to the principal with allegations of what they described as “harassment†from a group of students. He called it “hazing†and “messing around with them.†After an investigation, Merrill and the other accused students were suspended."

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2010/06/incoming_michigan_freshman_and.html

Never knew that, thought he got caught ripping a bong or something.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why did they have a gathering at a nightclub for a junior hockey team (Under 21 years old) in the first place? Or is 18 the legal drinking age in Canada? I forget.

apice3*

18 in Canada.

When Boston won the Cup in Vancouver, they asked Seguin what he's gonna do to celebrate since he was only 19. His response "I'm in Canada baby"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad