VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
upload_2019-7-4_9-17-1.png

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Advanced stats are sucking the critical thinking out of people. I was one of the first people who used them on this board and often was scrutinized for using them too much, but it’s gettinf ridiculous.

Advanced stats are only useful with context, people blindly look at charts and make conclusions these days.

Hutton was dragged down by one of the worst analytical players in the league in Erik Gudbranson who’s a bonifide scrub. Away for Gudbranson, Hutton was a servicble defender who was tasked with a ton of minutes and tough competition as Edler had injury issues for part of the season. Hutton actually played 30 minutes a night for a few games which is absurd.

Hutton in a 4/5 role would be a good defender.

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
Advanced stats are sucking the critical thinking out of people. I was one of the first people who used them on this board and often was scrutinized for using them too much, but it’s gettinf ridiculous.

Advanced stats are only useful with context, people blindly look at charts and make conclusions these days.

Hutton was dragged down by one of the worst analytical players in the league in Erik Gudbranson who’s a bonifide scrub. Away for Gudbranson, Hutton was a servicble defender who was tasked with a ton of minutes and tough competition as Edler had injury issues for part of the season. Hutton actually played 30 minutes a night for a few games which is absurd.

Hutton in a 4/5 role would be a good defender.
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't someone post stats that showed Gudbranson was actually better away from Hutton. I think Gudbranson and Hutton are both not very good and whoever they played with needs a raise.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Hutton is a servicable NHL D. He can play up and down the lineup when needed. He is bottom pairing/7th D on a quality team. Good guy to have, but very replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad