Post-Game Talk: Belleville Senators at Laval Rocket (Laval Wins 3-0) 4 in a row

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The standings will remain the same though. As Binghamton and Syracuse won their games.

So Laval remains in 6th place, a point behind Syracuse and 4 behind Binghamton.

Toronto lost though, so Laval does pull a bit away from them, now 5 pts up on them.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The standings will remain the same though. As Binghamton and Syracuse won their games.

So Laval remains in 6th place, a point behind Syracuse and 4 behind Binghamton.

Toronto lost though, so Laval does pull a bit away from them, now 5 pts up on them.
Control what you can control...win your games

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It looks like clearing the sulking AHL vets did wonders for our farm... I have give Bouchard the credit he deserves, Ive been harsh on him cause I wanted results, I didnt intend to give him a free pass, but now I have to admit he is doing a great job winning with a below average team, Brook finally showing what he is made of ect. Thats encouraging...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It looks like clearing the sulking AHL vets did wonders for our farm... I have give Bouchard the credit he deserves, Ive been harsh on him cause I wanted results, I didnt intend to give him a free pass, but now I have to admit he is doing a great job winning with a below average team, Brook finally showing what he is made of ect. Thats encouraging...

I believe they are 7-0-1 since trading Varone and Barber, but not having Kinkaid giving up 4 or 5 goals is huge in of it's self.

And out of those 15, how many were real threats? 3 maybe 4? Laval played so friggin' good tonight.

They beat Belleville twice in a row for a combined score of 7-1.

for sure. I'm glad the game was on RDS so more fans got to see it, as I talked about this in one of the other game day threads but in the past when some fans that clearly weren't watching our AHL team would say that the previous coaching staff had nothing to work with despite having the best player in the league, etc.. This roster is the most depleted I have seen but it's not about the wins, it's about how well they play. A good coach should be able to get even a team of ECHLers to play some kind of structured hockey and not just run around in their own end like their ass in on fire.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
And out of those 15, how many were real threats? 3 maybe 4? Laval played so friggin' good tonight.

They beat Belleville twice in a row for a combined score of 7-1.

It's very impressive. Belleville's a hell of a team. That whole top 6 has real NHL top 6 upside. What they did defensively tonight needs to be highlighted.

Brook though, damn what a turnaround.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval has now picked up 15 pts out of a possible 20 in their last 10 games. Huge, huge test coming up this weekend though. Facing the hottest team in the league, oh and just the team we need to beat for a playoff spot.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
So was it Alzner that was holding Brook back? He was supposed to be a veteran presence to help him, but the few games I saw, Alzner was so bad I can't see how playing with him would have helped Brook (speaking of on ice play only).

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He's been so good since both Alzner and Ouellet have been up. He's been given their minutes and responsibilities and he's been flourishing.
He's been my favorite Rocket defenceman this season. Had some iffy moments, but that's understandable, considering how much time he missed due to injuries.
I really hope we sign him. He's golden for Laval and there still might be some NHL potential there as a depth defenceman at least. I thought he might be a surplus next year if they bring Harris, but they can always release Leskinen, as they did with Moravcik and Sklenicka.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
So was it Alzner that was holding Brook back? He was supposed to be a veteran presence to help him, but the few games I saw, Alzner was so bad I can't see how playing with him would have helped Brook (speaking of on ice play only).
Alzner was ok, but playing with him puts a lot of pressure on Brook to be the primary option in transition. Olofsson is much more mobile and can move the puck up ice on his own.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Laval's recent surge is a really nice consolidation prize given the current affairs of the Habs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad