Laval Rocket: Belleville Senators at Laval Rocket 7:00 pm - Watch on RDS2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm surprised we even have a thread about this nothing game.

I see that Belleville is not deploying Sokolov Sucks-a-lot (there might have been some payback after what he did yesterday) but they do have goon Saulnier drawing in:

Since the game is meaningless, why not play Tuch and Xhekaj on the same line?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man this team will be completely revamped come next season. Bisson and Galipeau should return, maybe Kaskisuo. Alot of vets are history after this game including Gabriel Bourque I think.

A great venue like Laval not in the playoffs is a shame.
This season has been a blemish on Hughes...he could have assembled a playoff team.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No Reinbacher, no Roy. It's basically a preseason game
Probably don't want to have them hurt in a meaningless game.

Roy might be playing, but you'd never notice with the way he plays in thr A after his first like 15-20 games there.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm surprised we even have a thread about this nothing game.

I see that Belleville is not deploying Sokolov Sucks-a-lot (there might have been some payback after what he did yesterday) but they do have goon Saulnier drawing in:

Since the game is meaningless, why not play Tuch and Xhekaj on the same line?

Yeah the first one.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
John Sedgwick interviewed during the first intermission. He’s dabbling in generalities and the interviewer is throwing a whole lot of softball questions. You will die inside if you listen to this tripe.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am not sure what qualifies a capologist to be a GM in any capacity.
We already know how big the nepo thing is in hockey circles — it’s always the friends helping friends network. Who knows what managerial skills he may have.

Back to his interview, it may have also been just a language barrier thing as his French is hesitant but at least he tried.

As an overall impression, he just doesn’t deliver the type of incisive comments you can usually count upon from a Hughes.

I’ll wait out next season so we have a track record to measure him against.

Reactions: jaffy27

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can't stress it enough that the great fan support in Laval is deprived of playoff hockey. As a franchise every facet of the organization should be committed to excellence.
Yeah it's too bad. I mean just looking at that top 6 tonight it's easy to see why we are failing in Laval.
Sean Farrell needs big boy support if he is to succeed oh and so does Kidney so let's play them together instead.
Andersson and Heineman just doesn't work and then when you throw in Maillet forget it.
Bad talent pool to begin with but an inkling of what a balanced line should look like might help.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Does Condotta come back? Pretty ineffective offensively but solid defensively along with bringing size and grit. Maybe the next Captain?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Norlinder given one last game to show us why he's europe bound.
speak of the devil, nice pass in front of the goalie you keebler elf.

Does Condotta come back? Pretty ineffective offensively but solid defensively along with bringing size and grit. Maybe the next Captain?

I prefer simoneau tbh. Kid has the heart of a lion. Plays like a cannonball, fearless. Isn't offensively redacted like Condotta. + he's a hometown kid.

Condo is signed through next year, though. he's coming back.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
LOL I remember mentioning his offensive instinct was like that of a backup Goaltender. I'm not sure I'd make him Captain though.
Let's see who comes back next season but I'd wager on Simoneau or Bisson before Condotta.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
speak of the devil, nice pass in front of the goalie you keebler elf.

I prefer simoneau tbh. Kid has the heart of a lion. Plays like a cannonball, fearless. Isn't offensively redacted like Condotta. + he's a hometown kid.

Condo is signed through next year, though. he's coming back.
Laval lost their mojo after Simoneau went down. Heart and soul player.

LOL I remember mentioning his offensive instinct was like that of a backup Goaltender. I'm not sure I'd make him Captain though.
Let's see who comes back next season but I'd wager on Simoneau or Bisson before Condotta.
Well put

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I just turned it on before they went to the 2nd intermission. Is Sucksalot (aka Sokolov) playing for the Sens tonight?

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I know they want to stir up fan support, but this strategy of filling out the roster with gars de chez nous vets really doesn’t work

I’m all for bringing in local guys to fill out some holes here and there but they gotta have at least some talent. What exactly did guys like Bourque, Maillet, Durandeau,Perrault, Simoneau, Bisson, Galipeau bring? That’s 7 roster spots used up for what?

They should bring in the best talent possible regardless of where they are from.

I won’t even get into what I think of the coach

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Laval lost their mojo after Simoneau went down. Heart and soul player.
The stench of having a bare cupboard of prospects from MB is almost over. By next year, Laval should have majority drafted players pining to make the Habs.

I've never been a fan of plugging in "never nhlers" and giving them letters.
The Captains of Laval should be like Pezetta (nhl salary) who just isnt good enough for 4th line duties, but knows exactly what it takes to get to the big team.

It needs to be a player who can simply put his ego aside and accept his position as an organizational imperative, which is more valuable than being a black ace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad