Belleville Bulls 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
Who makes the schedule? Seriously!! Bulls facing a 3 games in 3 days for a second weekend in a row and to top it off, the third game is against a team that will be fresh and rested having not played since Thursday. OHL scheduler needs to be fired. I'm all for competition but at least make it somewhat even.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I completely agree. I believe there are more 3 game weekend coming up too. If there is one positive going into tonight's game, I believe this is the second game of Konecny's 2 game suspension...which also makes me wonder why he was allowed to play in the prospects game yesterday.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Ok technically anybody that posts "I'm the first to post in the new thread" isn't, the first to post is PhlyerPhantic is.

These 3 games in a weekend are far too common now, I wonder how much this type of scheduling is adding to the injury list. The OHL injuries have been terrible for all teams this year. it is all done for money but spreading out the schedule and easing the physical requirement for players should be considered. Oh wait schooling, sorry that argument is no longer valid. Except for the odd exception most teams are close enough to several teams that could be done in a day.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Who makes the schedule? Seriously!! Bulls facing a 3 games in 3 days for a second weekend in a row and to top it off, the third game is against a team that will be fresh and rested having not played since Thursday. OHL scheduler needs to be fired. I'm all for competition but at least make it somewhat even.

I've watched more London Knights games than I usually do (I always like to watch the top teams like Guelph last year...awesome to see top talent). Thanks to McDavid's injury I switched the extra games to Knights and Oshawa but I noticed that Knights have had what must be a near record of 3 games in 3 nights. More so than our Bulls have ever had and it's not injuries I think that are the worst thing that can come out of that but always being the tired club translates to extra losses and no club can afford that.

I also find it annoying that there days without any games or only one or two matchups and then days with near every team playing. I'd like to catch more games but can't do to 8 7/7:30pm starts.

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
I was more referring to the fact that teams that play 3 in 3 should be playing against a team that has done the same. It should be at least some similar type of schedule for the opponent.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
I was more referring to the fact that teams that play 3 in 3 should be playing against a team that has done the same. It should be at least some similar type of schedule for the opponent.

I'd personally prefer to throw ONE of those games during the week thereby eliminating 3 in 3 as much as possible if not completely.

from1981

Jan 7, 2015

I looked quickly at the teams the Bulls face or will be facing on their 3rd game of 3 in 3. Barrie, Niagara, Peterborough, Windsor and North Bay.
Barrie was on game 2 of a 3-3, Niagara on game 3 of 3-3, Petets will be on game 1 of 3-3, Windsor will be on game 2 of 3-3, and da Bay will be on game 2 of 3-3.
North Bay, Bulls, Petes, and Windsor have 5... 3-3's on their schedule.
Niagara has 6....3-3's (likely due to their new arena not being ready), and Barrie has 4....3-3's (likely the beneficiary of being with Niagara in the Central).
I'm assuming most, if not all other teams have very similar situations.

Not saying it's ideal, but it looks at least to be reasonably fair when all the other considerations surrounding the schedule are taken into account (arena availability, travel/weather, etc.)

Quite simply, the good teams find something extra in that third game and refuse to go quietly, or make excuses.

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
All games should be competitive. For all teams. If any team has a 3 in 3 days then they all should be against a team that has a similar situation. And depending on how you look at it...Bulls will be playing a rested team while having a third game themselves in 2 and a half days. And short on bodies makes it worse. It's not the league's fault for that but it is a factor

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You'll always have competitive advantages built into a schedule. Arena avail, travel, rested teams, playing teams early or late in the year ect....

I do agree thou, far two many 3 in 2 1/2 or 3 days for the teams in general.
The Knights sched this year is crazy with 3 in 3s.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Looking forward to seeing Domi tonight, Not looking forward to the outcome if we are still missing all four guys again! Charlie will have to stand on his head and the boys have to get the offence going. Wonder if Giggy will face his old team tonight? Not sure since he played last night

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
Looking forward to seeing Domi tonight, Not looking forward to the outcome if we are still missing all four guys again! Charlie will have to stand on his head and the boys have to get the offence going. Wonder if Giggy will face his old team tonight? Not sure since he played last night

As per knights twitter account. They are resting domi and marner tonight. Will not be playing

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
As per knights twitter account. They are resting domi and marner tonight. Will not be playing

They would be insane not to dress Marner and Domi. Rupert it appears got injured and left the game so that's 3 top scorers out of your lineup? I don't think they will do that...besides after Max's highlight reel goal yesterday I was looking forward to seeing him and Marner and Dvorak live on the big ice surface of the Yardmen!

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
They would be insane not to dress Marner and Domi. Rupert it appears got injured and left the game so that's 3 top scorers out of your lineup? I don't think they will do that...besides after Max's highlight reel goal yesterday I was looking forward to seeing him and Marner and Dvorak live on the big ice surface of the Yardmen!

Just playing with you guys lol. They are playing. Would suck if they weren't though ...

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Our depleted lineup is more depleted tonight. Welychka, Subban, Fox, Petti, Laishram, and Bignell out. Morris called up.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Can't say I imagined they would play as well as they did and that the final score would be 5-3. I honestly thought before the game that we would see a lot of production from the Dvorak-Marner-Domi line and that the Knights would possibly get 10 goals. Even with the goals they did get, a couple were weak and should have been stopped.

Final shots were close and Parsons made some huge saves. Glad to see the Bulls do as well as they did. Can't be too disappointed with that loss.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Can't say I imagined they would play as well as they did and that the final score would be 5-3. I honestly thought before the game that we would see a lot of production from the Dvorak-Marner-Domi line and that the Knights would possibly get 10 goals. Even with the goals they did get, a couple were weak and should have been stopped.

Final shots were close and Parsons made some huge saves. Glad to see the Bulls do as well as they did. Can't be too disappointed with that loss.

But there were goals that the Nights top line also should've had but either not shooting into an empty net or one too many passes especially in the first stopped a blowout from happening.

I'm glad though that Hicks didn't lose his nerve which is tough for a young goalie to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad