B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I still find it odd that we give up a 3rd to take a relatively inexpensive player like Hammond .. who has been up at least a couple times with Colorado and that remains taking up space on the original teams AHL affiliate and we can't get more than a 3rd for Cole who is a serviceable defenceman that can slide into most teams bottom pair immediately.

It’s unfortunately the mantra of the current Ottawa Senators. We sacrifice assets or better returns on trades just to save money... The Zibanejad trade, the Hemsky trade, both Phaneuf trades, Hammond in this trade, the Brassard trade (having Vegas retaining for us), etc. It sucks but according to the owner and the way we operate, we are supposedly « poor »

Note : Hammond has been called up to the Avs a few times in case they had another injury.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It’s unfortunately the mantra of the current Ottawa Senators. We sacrifice assets or better returns on trades just to save money... The Zibanejad trade, the Hemsky trade, both Phaneuf trades, Hammond in this trade, the Brassard trade (having Vegas retaining for us), etc. It sucks but according to the owner and the way we operate, we are supposedly « poor »

Note : Hammond has been called up to the Avs a few times in case they had another injury.
That still makes him have value .. if he's called up in case of injury or as a backup .. that has a value.. vs paying someone to take him. IMO Dorion is too free with his picks and its hard to get picks from the other GMs when we are trading to them

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That still makes him have value .. if he's called up in case of injury or as a backup .. that has a value

Money has more value in this world though. 1.25 M$ is still a lot of money

Maybe a 4th or 5th should have been enough but looking at Dorion trades, I just don’t know anymore

IIRC, we saved the same kind of money on Hemsky and gave up a 5th a few years ago

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
2018-02-26
Andrew Hammond (G)
Belleville ADD Returned on
loan from Colorado (NHL)

The Hamburglar has returned Belleville is back to four (4) goalies now???????

It's only a paper transaction, Hammond is staying with the the Avalanche.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Tonite.
Binghamton AHL vs Belleville Senators
Game #813: Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Yardmen Arena - Belleville, ON
@ 7 PM

Binghamton 17-28-6-3
Belleville 21-32-1-3

Past 10
Binghamton 5-5-0-0
Belleville 2-8-0-0

30 Teams in the AHL
Binghamton #30 PCT. 0.398
Belleville #29 PCT. 0.404

Streak
Binghamton 0-1-0-0
Belleville 0-4-0-0

Officals
Referee Jason Faist (#26)
Referee Alex Garon (#64)
Linesman Dustin McCrank (#81)
Linesman Jean Menard (#12)

Head to Head Record 2017-18
Regular Season
Belleville 4-3-0-0
Binghamton 3-1-0-3

The 2 cellar dwellers of the entire league in a mid week game...... Both teams have been out of playoff contention for a long time......

Far from an important game, with little meaning in the league.......

I follow 3 teams Ottawa, Belleville, and Binghamton, has been a long season..... I will watch the game tonite, because it is what I do.....

As KK would say it is what it is......

Let's Go Sens

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They have had the line Paul-White-Sexton together for a couple of games and it is producing. Hope that stays. With O'B up.. White and Chlapik are going to get leaned on even more. They should have sent Burrows down ( I think the message would be louder)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That still makes him have value .. if he's called up in case of injury or as a backup .. that has a value.. vs paying someone to take him. IMO Dorion is too free with his picks and its hard to get picks from the other GMs when we are trading to them

It must be very difficult for PD being handcuffed by the owner & I'm no fan of the GM. I'm quite sure that every other GM knows he has to shed salary & doesn't have the option to bury it & they take advantage of it. What can he do if the owner insists he operate this way, he has no choice but to give up some assets to make these deals. It's a sad state of affairs in the nation's capital with this guy as owner at this time & I think the owner cares a lot more about actual salaries/money than about late rd draft picks.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You know what would make sense to me would be if Ottawa builds the arena downtown & the Sens move into it, than the Belleville Sens should move into the vacated Kanata arena. Than Melnyk should put a ECHL affiliate into the Belleville arena & all three would be much closer to Ottawa & reduce costs. Or put a ECHL team in the East end so every part of the city gets a little piece of the Sens. haha

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You know what would make sense to me would be if Ottawa builds the arena downtown & the Sens move into it, than the Belleville Sens should move into the vacated Kanata arena. Than Melnyk should put a ECHL affiliate into the Belleville arena & all three would be much closer to Ottawa & reduce costs. Or put a ECHL team in the East end so every part of the city gets a little piece of the Sens. haha
Probably a multi year commitment in Belleville but I do not know for sure... the concept is good

Reactions: ZekeA

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Not sure if they make a big enough tarp to black out all those seats that would otherwise be empty.

Reactions: aragorn

Coachs Mustache

Jul 2, 2016

The Sens have an 8 year commitment to Belleville, but with all things I am sure there is a way out of it if needed. The Rumours around here are that if the B-Sens relocate to Kanata as you suggest the doors on the Yardmen wouldn't even click shut before an OHL team was backing the trucks up to them. Some even suggest it would be the 67's, but I would think it would be Hamilton coming back as the bulls again with Crawford and the Subbans paying the tab. wishful thinking maybe :)

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 1st.
1-0 Binghamton

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Lappin 19 (MacDonald), 13:34. Penalties-Baddock Bng (hooking), 15:45.

Blunden can't contain MacDonald and the puck at the point, he gets it to Lappin who finishes.......

Shots 8-5 Sens...

Not a real exciting period.........

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 2nd.
2-1 Binghamton

2nd Period-2, Belleville, Chlapik 8 (Lajoie, Rodewald), 5:02. 3, Binghamton, Bertschy 11 (Kennedy, MacDonald), 16:08 (PP). Penalties-Baddock Bng (fighting), 14:52; Selleck Bel (roughing, fighting), 14:52.

Shots 11-7 Binghamton..........

On the PP goal I thought Binghamton scored earlier in the PP, but ref said no.......​

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Final
4-1 Binghamton

3rd Period-4, Binghamton, Kapla 5 (Walman, Kennedy), 7:14. 5, Binghamton, Pietila 8 (Kennedy, Bertschy), 18:00 (EN). Penalties-Thomson Bng (unsportsmanlike conduct), 6:17; Selleck Bel (unsportsmanlike conduct), 6:17.

Shots on Goal-Binghamton 5-11-9-25. Belleville 8-7-5-20.

3 Stars
1. BNG - C. Bertschy
2. BNG - T. Kennedy
3. BEL - F. Chlapik

Binghamton had the better of the play, Sens would come on a bit, but could not sustain anything, sounds like a team I know~~~!!!!!!

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Belleville is now officially the worst team in the league.

lX8OKdR.png

In 2011 when the Sens bottomed out, at least there was a ray of light in Bingo winning the Calder Cup...
Now it's a race to the bottom.
Good job Lee, Dorion and company :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Our pro scouts are garbage, at least our amateur scouts are doing a fairly decent good job despite a lot of shortcomings for them.

The pro scouts can't identify any pro players in the AHL or NHL level in a consistent basis, we are always overpaying for garbage players in both leagues, and that's on the pro scouts, the GM and definitely the gym team teacher that we call our Assistant GM.

Reactions: Cosmix and starling

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Our pro scouts are garbage, at least our amateur scouts are doing a fairly decent good job despite a lot of shortcomings for them.

The pro scouts can't identify any pro players in the AHL or NHL level in a consistent basis, we are always overpaying for garbage players in both leagues, and that's on the pro scouts, the GM and definitely the gym team teacher that we call our Assistant GM.
Everyone deserves a 2 year contract extension! Because rewarding futility is the Ottawa Senators way under Dorion.

Reactions: Cosmix and starling

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Seems like most of the AHL deals are made by the gym teacher. Having a gym teacher oversee everything in Belleville is one of the major reasons its a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad