Bell TV to Air 68 Sabres' Games This Season

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
yeah, its nice for the people in radius it covers over the border but it doesn't carry to Southwestern Ontario which blows. I only live 2 hours from Buffalo but Im still over an hour outside the radius. NHL centre Ice again this year for me

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
yeah, its nice for the people in radius it covers over the border but it doesn't carry to Southwestern Ontario which blows. I only live 2 hours from Buffalo but Im still over an hour outside the radius. NHL centre Ice again this year for me

You're better off anyway, with home or away broadcasts for most games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's certainly a start. Good timing too, with the Leafs potentially being a bit of a hot mess and Eichel arriving in Buffalo.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Wooo thank god! This is my only way of being able to see Sabres games on TV really.

double check that.

The games will be carried on Bell Fibe TV and Satellite TV services on channel 442 (standard definition on Satellite TV only) and channel 1442 (high definition on Fibe TV and Satellite TV) in homes from Fort Erie/Niagara Falls to Stoney Creek in Southern Ontario.

Make sure you live in the region carried. It's mainly Niagara region.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
double check that.

Make sure you live in the region carried. It's mainly Niagara region.

When I made my account I just put Toronto as my city just cause it's kinda close and well know lol. I actually live half an hour from the border in St. Catharines (so yes Niagara region).

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
So if not a Bell subscriber you are wasting your money on Rogers or Cogeco cable even with Centre Ice?

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
So if not a Bell subscriber you are wasting your money on Rogers or Cogeco cable even with Centre Ice?

That's the nature of the beast when dealing with Cable Companies/telco-fibre.

Sabres should get some financial return for the rights, and some companies will pay, while others won't.

Maybe Rogers is still bitter about losing out to Pegula for the Bills.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LaxSabre - Heres a column on ratings for last nights Sabres game - the ratings for Bell viewership are not factor in here since Canadian ratings are separate.

Sabres Opening Loss Gets Strong TV Rating - Alan Pergament - Buffalo News - Friday, October 9.

The Buffalo Sabres lost their home opener to Ottawa Thursday night, but they were winners off the ice.
The Madison Square Garden Network coverage of the Sabres’ 3-1 loss to the Senators had a 10.7 rating on the cable channel.
That was up about 15 percent from the 9.4 rating a year ago for the Sabres home opener against Columbus.
Thursday's rating might have even been higher if the first two periods hadn't been so dull.

The Sabres rating also was higher than the 10.2 rating that Channel 4 had for Indianapolis’ 27-20 victory over Houston on CBS’ Thursday Night Football game.
However, the game also had a 1.9 rating on the simulcast by cable‘s NFL Network for a combined rating of 12.1 that was higher than the Sabres rating.

To put the rating in further perspective, very few entertainment programs get double-digit ratings locally these days when they originally air.
So it was no surprise that the prime time programs on broadcast channels were no match for the LIVE sports events on Thursday.
The highest-rated entertainment program in Western New York Thursday was ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy,” which had a 7.4 rating on Channel 7.
NBC’s “Blacklist” was the second-highest rated entertainment program with a 6.5 rating on Channel 2.
Those two entertainment programs stand to get increased audience through secondary viewing On Demand or on DVRs.
LIVE sports events get little extra viewing that way.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/10/09/sabres-opening-loss-gets-strong-tv-rating/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Some New Wrinkles In Coverage Of New Look Sabres And A Ratings Prediction - Alan Pergament - Buffalo News - Thursday, October 8.

Rick Jeanneret is expected to call 40-50 of the 77 regular season games carried by Madison Square Garden Network this season, according to Mark Preisler, the executive vice president for media and content for Pegula Sports and Entertainment (PSE).

Dan Dunleavy will call the remainder of the MSG games. The other five games are on national outlets.
Andrew Peters, who offers analysis on the Sabres morning radio show carried on WGR, is expected to be an analyst on a couple of radio games.
Brian Duff, the TV pre-game, intermission and post-game host, is expected to do play-by-play on about five radio games.

After a year absence, the Sabres are bringing back “Beyond Blue & Gold,” the feature series that gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at players and other members of the organization. It is carried on TV, social networks and on Sabres.com. Preisler said the features on TV are shorter than they are on the web, which goes more into depth.

LaxSabre - Rest of the article has Alans prediction on ratings for the season and a comment on the Pegula Showtime story.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/201...coverage-of-new-look-sabres-and-a-prediction/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad