Bell Centre and the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

monkey_00 said:
Greetings and salutations from Hamilton Ontario Canada........

This little tourney was known before as the Canada Cup and the two times that my hometown of Hamilton Ontario hosted the tournament (1987 and 191) we were SO LOUD that fans were comparing the noise inside our Copps Coliseum to the atmosphere that they use to have inside the old Chicago Stadium.......we almost blew the roof off of the Arena.........

The games are not in Hamilton anymore they've been switched to Toronto which isn't exactly the best City in the world to host an International hockey tournament ESPECIALLY when you have the Toronto Maple Leafs pulling the strings in the background.........let me explain myself further just so you know what I'm getting at here........Toronto Maple Leafs (their real fans...the noisy ones) can't get tickets to Leafs games cause the Huge corporations and Banks centered in-and-around the Toronto area snap up their tickets faster than you can say "Go Leafs Go!".......these aren't real hockey fans these are the suit-and-tie people who go to these games because "it's the in-thing to do in Toronto"......just like it once use to be to go down to SkyDome and watch the Blue Jays play baseball......like that game against the Russians the other night, I couldn't help but notice that everytime the camera was on the Leafs bench all of those fans sitting right behind the Canadian bench were EXACTLY the same clowns that sit there behind the bench for the Leafs games including this BOZO that looks like a poor-man's Don Cherry with the white goatee..........In Hamilton we never had this problem.......the real hockey fans always had access to the game tickets and we made alot of noise at those 2-Canada Cups.....try getting some Bank CEO that earns a couple of million dollars a year to get off of his big fat A$$ AND MAKE NOSIE!.......I don't think so it's not going to work out that way........and THAT'S the problem with Toronto hosting a tourney like this.......the guys they have inside the ACC for these games are SNOBS and think they are too good to Cheer on Team Canada and make some noise............Too Bad......So Sad.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Good point. GO HABS GO .... LEAFS **** (jokingly)

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
As others have said, the real fans probably can't afford the tix for the most part. In Pittsburgh, when Three Rivers Stadium was torn down, I think the majority of the people could not afford tickets in Heinz Field. In my old section, it was extremely loud and exciting, however now its a pretty boring group. I would not think the leafs fans are any less pasionate about their team than the Candiens, or Senators, etc.

Feb 24, 2004
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
My point is this Montreal is better than Toronto crap should never have been started. Thanks to TSN for that.

It never should have been started is right. Bob Mckenzie, I'm not sure if he was there or not, but I was, and the noise was fine. It's just getting blown WAY out of proportion now. The fans in the upper bowl at least were chanting up a storm, and were reallly into the game.

I'm going to throw out another reason as to why the game was not so loud. Toronto fans are used to bitter disappointment. I know I am. And watching the games sometimes make us nervous, on the edge of our seat, so much so, that chanting and making noise is almost secondary.

GTF

Feb 28, 2004
The lack of noise at the ACC does suck, as it doesn't represent the regular Leaf fan. There are tonnes of us sitting at home or in sports bar who are making more than enough noise, but we just can't afford ticks, or willing to fork out that money to pay for the ticks. It really is unfortunate, as ACC does have this reputation for being a quiet building.

I know someone who was at the game the other night and he said that in the upper level it was pretty loud, but the people near the ice were quiet. It's a shame that so many ticks to Leaf/Canada games are owned by corporate stiffs.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Habsaku said:
Boy are you a bitter person.

I call it as I see it, if it comes off as bitter to you, then so be it, could care less... Not going to stop me from voicing my opinion... Hab fans have no problem taking shots at the Leafs and their fans, but have a problem being on the receiving end... if you cant take it dont dish it...It's a shame that some of the more respectful fans from both sides have to get caught in the middle of it, but thats the way the cookie crumbles... Why not put all cards on the table... hab fans may have a problem with what I have said because it doesn't reflect as positively on them as they would like it to... I'm sure if the whole thread was praising Montreal, ignoring the negative, that would suit them just fine... sadly for them, doesn't work that way. When you pass judgement on others you open yourself up to being judged, plain and simple.. Not my problem that some Hab fans out there act like little kids with their little tantrums they throw when everything isn't the way they want it to be. Some may see that as showing passion, I see it as being spoiled little brats... If thats not a spoiled little brat what is... But hey, thanks for dropping by again... your insight is always more then welcome.

Last edited:

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Johnny said:
I call it as I see it, if it comes off as bitter to you, then so be it, could care less... Not going to stop me from voicing my opinion... Hab fans have no problem taking shots at the Leafs and their fans, but have a problem being on the receiving end... if you cant take it dont dish it...It's a shame that some of the more respectful fans from both sides have to get got in the middle of it, but thats the way the cookie crumbles... Why not put all cards on the table... Not my problem that some Hab fans out there act like little kids with their little tantrums they throw when everything isn't the way they want it to be. Some may see that as showing passion, I see it as being spoiled little brats... If thats not a spoiled little brat what is... But hey, thanks for dropping by again... your insight is always more then welcome.

I'll try and change Johnny. I've seen the light. From this moment on, I'll try and be a better man. Thank you.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
mcphee said:
I'll try and change Johnny. I've seen the light. From this moment on, I'll try and be a better man. Thank you.

nothing personal mcphee from what I have seen of you as a poster you are a solid level headed poster here with plenty positve to contribute... If you care to refute what I said by all means go right ahead.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Johnny said:
nothing personal mcphee from what I have seen of you as a poster you are a solid level headed poster here with plenty positve to contribute... If you care to refute what I said by all means go right ahead.

I actually have a huge melon head,not level at all. The whole question about whose fans are louder or better behaved becomes childish mine is bigger than yours stuff.People go crazy when they sense something to celebrate.
When a team gets on a roll in a hockey city,the fans go nuts. Personally, the loudest crowd noise I've been part of was the old Forum. Like someone explained a 1000 posts ago, I suspect the ACC has more of a business fan base, hence at times the building is quieter. I'm an anglophone ex Quebecer [still one at heart] and I don't think my old neighbors would take it the wrong way if I claimed that they were more demonstrative than their friends from Ontario . Montreal has more highs and lows. You'll see the classiest displays and events that bring shame. Just the way it is. Nowadays, It's a moot point because crowd noise encouraged by a message board or a 'make some noise' recording, doesn't count. The increased seating in Mtl. ensures that more of the 'real fans' are there, for what that's worth. Frankly, the Hab fans on the board under 30 pretty well only have 93 to remember, so the superior attitude is mis placed. I don't know what Mckenzie's point was, I suspect he feels that the corporations that own these tickets should do a better job of using them. I thought Pat Hickey's comment about some yahoo yelping during the moment of silence the other night was a cheap shot, you don't blame a crowd for 1 idiot.

I should have mentionned, Pat Hickey is a Monteral Gazette columnist.

Last edited:

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Johnny said:
How am I completely wrong when the guy I was replying to said Montreal is the "real" hockey town... When you go proclaiming yourself to be the "real" hockeytown it becomes more then just Montreal and Toronto, other places where you can find passion in abundance will enter into the equation automatically.... I never once for a second questioned who was louder between Montreal and Toronto... though there are factors to be considered as habfansincebirth has pointed out, it isn't as black and white as some may like to look at it.. montreal was louder, want a cookie?...

TO by the way doesn't need to make the finals to get behind their team, anyone who questions Toronto's ability to get behind their team come playoff time, clearly has never been to the city around playoff season... no better time of the year to be in TO then playoff time, win or lose. so you can shove that little face of yours back where the sun dont shine, please dont come at me next with a neener neener neener, whatever would I do.

Bottom line is 40 years still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Toronto is a diehard city for their Leafs, but what about Canada. It doesn't seem as though they are as crazy for there country as they are for there city team

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
mcphee said:
I actually have a huge melon head,not level at all. The whole question about whose fans are louder or better behaved becomes childish mine is bigger than yours stuff.People go crazy when they sense something to celebrate.
When a team gets on a roll in a hockey city,the fans go nuts. Personally, the loudest crowd noise I've been part of was the old Forum. Like someone explained a 1000 posts ago, I suspect the ACC has more of a business fan base, hence at times the building is quieter. I'm an anglophone ex Quebecer [still one at heart] and I don't think my old neighbors would take it the wrong way if I claimed that they were more demonstrative than their friends from Ontario . Montreal has more highs and lows. You'll see the classiest displays and events that bring shame. Just the way it is. Nowadays, It's a moot point because crowd noise encouraged by a message board or a 'make some noise' recording, doesn't count. The increased seating in Mtl. ensures that more of the 'real fans' are there, for what that's worth. Frankly, the Hab fans on the board under 30 pretty well only have 93 to remember, so the superior attitude is mis placed. I don't know what Mckenzie's point was, I suspect he feels that the corporations that own these tickets should do a better job of using them. I thought Pat Hickey's comment about some yahoo yelping during the moment of silence the other night was a cheap shot, you don't blame a crowd for 1 idiot.

Yes, I agree with pretty much every word of what you said... So in that sense we are on the same page here...

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Bottom line is 40 years still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Toronto is a diehard city for their Leafs, but what about Canada. It doesn't seem as though they are as crazy for there country as they are for there city team

Thats funny you say that being a Canuck fan, I mean with all those stanley cup banners in GM place you are left with loads of room to talk... oh wait a second there is no Stanley Cup banners in GM place... wont be long until you guys are approaching 40 as well... tick, tick, tick, clock be tick tick ticking away. but it least you got those London Knights to provide some hope next year.

Toronto is too big of a city to act as if you have it figured out... I'm a diehard Leaf fan, from Toronto, and I've never cheered louder for a goal then I did when Iginla one-timed that pass in the 02 olympics, Richter able to get a piece, but not enough as the puck trickled passed the goalline... That gave Canada breathing room... After the game I went down to younge street which was packed, nothing but a sea of Canadian flags, quite a sight to behold, I'd say anyone who was on younge street the night Canada won gold would tell you differently when it comes to how they care about their country.

Last edited:

MontrealCruiser_83*

Johnny said:
acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats.
well you know what they say about people brought up with the silver spoon in their mouths... or in this case... the silver Cup...

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
well you know what they say about people brought up with the silver spoon in their mouths... or in this case... the silver Cup...

Yeah, I know, too bad for them it's not the 70's anymore... but, they will have time to get used to going from being brought up with the silver cup in their mouth, to it then becoming a distant memory... :banana: sorry, couldn't help myself... first time to use the dancing banana, saving it for the right time, this seemes like a fitting occasion... anyways, often times those who are brought up with the silver spoon in their mouth only to then later not be as fortunate, have a difficult time making that adjustment. But dont worry, every year that passes by without the cup, just gets easier and easer, because you've seen it all before :banghead: ... As we get older becomes easier as well to cope with our disappointments... I should know, being a Leaf fan afterall.

High flyin' Habs*

Johnny said:
Yeah, I know, too bad for them it's not the 70's anymore... but, they will have time to get used to going from being brought up with the silver cup in their mouth, to it then becoming a distant memory... :banana: sorry, couldn't help myself... first time to use the dancing banana, saving it for the right time, this seemes like a fitting occasion... anyways, often times those who are brought up with the silver spoon in their mouth only to then later not be as fortunate, have a difficult time making that adjustment. But dont worry, every year that passes by without the cup, just gets easier and easer, because you've seen it all before :banghead: ... As we get older becomes easier as well to cope with our disappointments... I should know, being a Leaf fan afterall.

How can sombody be so bitter about a team like that? I bet he's a closet habs fan :lol .

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
:lol
smoothskater said:
How can sombody be so bitter about a team like that? I bet he's a closet habs fan :lol .

uh oh, our very own Sherlock Holmes here at hf... Way to go Sherlock, now that you think you've figured me out, maybe next you can lend your services to Bush, perhaps you can help him find those WMD he's looking for... :lol

Last edited:

MontrealCruiser_83*

Johnny said:
Dont worry, one day you will be able to, only replacing leaf fan with hab fan ;)
well im not sure... should the Habs plunge into a streak as long and abysmal as the leafs, well I'd probably be dead of old age...

(and i'm 20 right now so you do the math)

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
well im not sure... should the Habs plunge into a streak as long and abysmal as the leafs, well I'd probably die of old age...

(and i'm 20 right now so you do the math)

well, prepare to die of old age without seeing another Cup in Montreal then, as they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.... wouldn't surprise me in the least. But anyways, enough of this, gone on long enough...Long weekend officially over, back to the real world... I'm done, a pleasure as always hab fans, thanks for the laughs, I will surely miss you all to the point that I just may shed a tear or multiple tears, I really hate goodbyes especially with those lovable hab fans :cry: Especially you Sherlock, good luck on your future detective work. The last word is yours for the taking, I'd like to request that is left for Sherlock aka the incredibly smoothskater, I know he will make the most of it.

Last edited:

High flyin' Habs*

Johnny said:
well, prepare to die of old age without seeing another Cup in Montreal then, as they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.... wouldn't surprise me in the least. But anyways, enough of this, gone on long enough...Long weekend officially over, back to the real world... I'm done, a pleasure as always hab fans, thanks for the laughs, I will surely miss you all to the point that I just may shed a tear or multiple tears, I really hate goodbyes especially with those lovable hab fans :cry: Especially you Sherlock, good luck on your future detective work. The last word is yours for the taking, I'd like to request that is left for Sherlock aka the incredibly smoothskater, I know he will make the most of it.
I got one word for ya: LOSER :lol . Oh and by the way thanx for the incredible intro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad