News Article: Bell Center May Receive Fans During Playoffs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This isn't a confirmation, but Dr. Arruda mentioned today the possibility that the Bell Center may be open to limited capacity for the playoffs.

Last week during the Habs' Telethon, Chantal Machabée interviewed Geoff Molson and he said that they are in talks with Santé Publique to be able to have fans in the building by the end of May or early June.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

This isn't a confirmation, but Dr. Arruda mentioned today the possibility that the Bell Center may be open to limited capacity for the playoffs.

Last week during the Habs' Telethon, Chantal Machabée interviewed Geoff Molson and he said that they are in talks with Santé Publique to be able to have fans in the building by the end of May or early June.

Just to mention that M. Arruda did not say 'probable'. Jeremy met des mots dans la bouche du docteur. He said that they were in discussions. And that he wouldn't give any timeline. Never even said 'bientôt'. Legault is putting pressure on la Santé Publique though. He clearly said so. He put allllll the pressure on Arruda during the press conference. Even smiling at him when he mentioned that he's regularly asking Arruda about it.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
No reason we can't have fans in the stands if the follow the movie theater protocols, mask on the whole time, no food or drinks socially distanced. lets gooo!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just to mention that M. Arruda did not say 'probable'. Jeremy met des mots dans la bouche du docteur. He said that they were in discussions. And that he wouldn't give any timeline. Never even said 'bientôt'. Legault is putting pressure on la Santé Publique though. He clearly said so. He put allllll the pressure on Arruda during the press conference. Even smiling at him when he mentioned that he's regularly asking Arruda about it.

Thanks for the clarification. I only went by the Tweet. I just tuned in to the press conference so I missed that part.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. I only went by the Tweet. I just tuned in to the press conference so I missed that part.
Jeremy Filosa was wrong here, not you at all. But as always the case with some sports journalists, they tend to carry an agenda. He seems to have his.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If they just put up a Walmart sign they should be good to go.

Reactions: Pat Riot

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
You are laughing but I wouldnt be surprised if the cost of a ticket in the red alone would be around 200$ lmao
Playoff tickets in the reds especially with such a high demand and the low supply would probably be upwards of $800 per ticket

$200 is what it costs for a game versus Nashville on a Tuesday night.

Reactions: tazsub3

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm 100% going.....200$ for a ticket, and 100$ for hot dog and beers.....I'm so in!!!!
Pass.
The fun of going to Bell center is because its packed, loud, intense crowd. Put 5k peeps in there...meh. Ever been to the Bell with a crowd that wasn't into it? Hella boring.

I get it from an activity level though..people are sick of being home.

Reactions: zeeto

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
Who in their right mind would pay good money to watch this Habs team play live?

200$ to maybe see 2 goals?

No thank you...

I would. But only in June cause I live in Chile and the country have closed their borders.

** I hope its for Habs fans Only... (No Leafs fans allowed)

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I mean, if it's safe, why not? If it's not though and it's just the premiere wanting fans in the building for some reason, nah.

It's crazy, the States has so many vaccines that the New York Yankees are literally offering them to people who come to games (along with a free ticket for later).

"Come to the game, grab a jab, and cheer your team on!"

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
They will need to allow gartering or you will see a major backfire on this one (government not the habs). Don't get me wrong I will try to get tickets...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They will need to allow gartering or you will see a major backfire on this one (government not the habs). Don't get me wrong I will try to get tickets...
They'll need to remove curfew and open up everything really. No terraces for restaurant...but go watch an indoor hockey game?..

Reactions: Toene

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Just got off the phone with a Bell Centre official.

This isn’t official or anything but it’s what I was told.

Entrance won’t necessarily be dependent on a vaccine card. A negative test or questioning will suffice.

It’s true that they had made the request for between 2000 - 4000 fans (Lavoie reported it), but it’s still pending government approval.

Priority to season ticket holders.

Pretty much what I expected to hear.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I mean we are at the point in Ontario where 18 year Olds in high population areas can get vaccinated. We should be moving towards some normalcy, and having like 10% capacity in the bell centre doesn't sound crazy if a lot of people have their first shot.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
This would only apply in end of June-ish, so only if the Canadiens made the playoffs, and the second round.

By then I'd think that the curfew would be pushed back even further but not removed. Probably 11PM or midnight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad