Believe it or not To. offense can do more!

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Nevermind G for now, To.'s offense can do way more to help. We just don't have the right blend of Dmen to play that boring East trap clap. With the return of Clarkson our offense can do more. Let's discuss our offense and stop worrying about Goaltending should single handedly win every game. Until Nonnis makes some trades, offense is our major strength and if Gardiner,Kessel,Clarkson etc. get hot should be feared.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Our biggest issue isn't really either goals for (7th in the league) or goals against (11th); it's mainly the way in which we manage the puck. 26th in shots per game + 28th is shots against does not project to sustained success. The last few games have demonstrated that if the opposition can get some average goaltending and capitalize on at least a few of their 35+ shots, then this team doesn't look nearly as good as their record suggests.

I'm hoping more that the return of Clarkson/Kulemin/Fraser/McLaren helps more to stabilize the line-up rather than just pump out a few more goals.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
20130108-231126.jpg

First thing I though of for some reason

Anyway, I don't think we will be getting more goal scoring than we already are. Even when healthy players return, the "fill-ins" will be moved off or down the roster and their offense will dry up a bit with a more limited role (Raymond). We score enough most of the time, just need to keep the shot totals against lower and give up less scoring chances and we'll be in every game this year.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
ya it looks like we lack creative forwards... Raymond is really the only one making space for his teammates out there with creative plays, Kadri and Kessel need to step up. Yakupov would give us a creative forward who can score and has a ton of potential, but it would be tough giving up Gardiner as he is so smooth with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad