Salei - Kostyuchenok
Denisov - Ryadinsky
Kolosov - Bashko

Mezin
Koval

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Does anyone have any insight on fears Belarus may have about the Grabovsky/Kostitsyns fued killing all chemistry and dividing the locker room?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Stefanovich is the huge wild card here. I think he could play on one of the top lines depending on how he scores in the AHL or maybe (stretch here) Maple leafs.

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
A quick overlook to get it going.

G Andrei Mezin
D Vladimir Denisov
D Ruslan Salei
L Andrei Kostitsyn
C Mikhail Grabovski
C Alexei Kalyuzhny
C Andrei Mikhalev
R Oleg Antonenko
R Konstantin Koltsov
R Sergei Kostitsyn

strike antonenko off the list cauze he's already 38. he's an outstanding player but won't last that long with his hockey career.

Last edited:

Qmjhl4life

Apr 5, 2009
Cape Breton
Stefanovich is the huge wild card here. I think he could play on one of the top lines depending on how he scores in the AHL or maybe (stretch here) Maple leafs.

He didnt get very much ice time at the Worlds this year. He will need more development before he plays on the 1st or 2nd lines. He is very slow.
and sometimes lazy. But has very good stick ability. The Marlies will welcome him with open rms for sure though

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Probably something like this:

Kostitsyn - Kalyuzhny - Kostitsyn
Ugarov - Grabovsky - Koltsov
Chupris - Mikhalev - Antonenko
Demagin - Stefanovich - Meleshko

Salei - Kostyuchenok
Denisov - Ryadinsky
Kolosov - Bashko

Mezin
Koval

More like:

Koltsov - Grabovski - Kaluzhny

Kostitsyn - Stas - Kostitsyn

Ugarov - Mikhalev - Demagin

Meleshko - Stefanovich - Antonenko

Kitarov, Fomin, Demkov

Salei - Denisov

Kostyuchenok - Ryadinsky

Kolosov - Korobov

Usenko, Gotovets, Antonov

Mezin

Koval

Kaluzhny is not defensively aware enough to center the first line. He mostly played on the same line with Grabovski. Mikhalev was awful in this WC and could lose even spot on the 3d line to Stefanovich, if the latter improves defencively in the AHL next season. Chupris is goner, he is done.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
We can probably add defenseman Sergei Yerkovich to the mix. He was invited to this WC by Glen Hanlon but turned it down due to personal reasons. Hopefully Yerkovich will be in position to contribute next year.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
We can probably add defenseman Sergei Yerkovich to the mix. He was invited to this WC by Glen Hanlon but turned it down due to personal reasons. Hopefully Yerkovich will be in position to contribute next year.

Yerkovich is great teammate and reliable big defenseman, but he is not getting any younger or faster. It's a shame that Gotovets has no time to develop before the Olympics. He could provide real quality presence that we lack on the blue line. Salei is lone ranger out there. When he retires, we'll still have only one elite d-man.

Denisov impresses me alot as a shut down defenseman, Kolosov is a long shot, his positioning needs improvement. Riadinski is ok. I like young Korobov, there is potential there. Usenko... his poor skating ability will always hold him back. The rest of the defense... are all Nr. 6-7 defenseman.

Last edited:

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Yerkovich is great teammate and reliable big defenseman, but he is not getting any younger or faster. It's a shame that Gotovets has no time to develop before the Olympics. He could provide real quality presence that we lack on the blue line. Salei is lone ranger out there. When he retires, we'll still have only one elite d-man.

Denisov impresses me alot as a shut down defenseman, Kolosov is a long shot, his positioning needs improvement. Riadinski is ok. I like young Korobov, there is potential there. Usenko... his poor skating ability will always hold him back. The rest of the defense... are all Nr. 6-7 defenseman.

Agreed with your assessment on all counts. I was also impressed by Denisov. He was always physical presence on defense. Now it seems he has added some offense too, pinching in and shooting without hesitation. I also have high hopes for Korobov. For a 20 year old, he looked calm and solid to me. And he has size, too.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
I was also impressed by Denisov.

Denisov improved alot in his second AHL season. He was often played in the first pairing and had tons of icetime. His is very effective/consistent at AHL level (5 G 15 A 20 PTS). Great stats for a shut down guy, hes 3d on the team with +18. The Rangers could loose Mara and Morris to free agency this summer and I feel Denisov could be one of the replacements. The salary cap goes down, and he's young and cheap. It would be great for his further development.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
I also have high hopes for Korobov. For a 20 year old, he looked calm and solid to me. And he has size, too.

Korobov and Stas are two most intriguing prospects on Dynamo. I like their development. Stas is growing into a good defensive center that we need on the second line between the dynamic sisters. Though his faceoffs percentage is about 50%, I think this is not good enough in the KHL. More like 60% for a good faceoff man. It will come with more experience. I'm sure he'll improve his defensive skills under Hanlon. Korobov and Stas will be key penalty killers for Belarus.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Yep, Korobov and Stas are definitely the guys to keep an eye on during upcoming KHL season. Also, considering other solid signings by Dinamo Minsk, and the fact that Glen Hanlon (and Dave Lewis as assistant) will be at the helm, I am anxiously waiting for the new season to start!

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Denisov improved alot in his second AHL season. He was often played in the first pairing and had tons of icetime. His is very effective/consistent at AHL level (5 G 15 A 20 PTS). Great stats for a shut down guy, hes 3d on the team with +18. The Rangers could loose Mara and Morris to free agency this summer and I feel Denisov could be one of the replacements. The salary cap goes down, and he's young and cheap. It would be great for his further development.

Denisov is an easy guy to root for. Not a lot of natural talent, but lots of desire and determination. Always gives 100% effort. If he makes it into the NHL (which is possible), I'll be extremely happy for him.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Yep, Korobov and Stas are definitely the guys to keep an eye on during upcoming KHL season. Also, considering other solid signings by Dinamo Minsk, and the fact that Glen Hanlon (and Dave Lewis as assistant) will be at the helm, I am anxiously waiting for the new season to start!

Me too. To tell the truth I have never had high hopes for Hanlon before the last WC. Now jury is still out, but I see that he could make the players buy into his system. Will it be enough? Dynamo can't rely on free agent signings if they want to succeed in KHL. Canadians, Swedes, Slovaks... they'll never care about Dynamo as local boys. Plus KHL is not the league every player is dreaming of... Dynamo need at least 12-14 homegrown players on the roster. The thing about many of KHL teams is that they are based on mercenaries, their morale is low. The owners just pick as many quality players as they can get, team chemistry is almost like science fiction there. Team discipline, stellar goalatending and chemistry are the only recipe for success for Dynamo. And they'll need talent as well. My only concern is whether Hanlon is the right man for development of the youngsters. During the WC he has chosen vets over younger players.

Ledaal

May 8, 2009
Tianjin
I think, next season will show the potential of both Korobov and Stas, and are they up to NHL career or not yet.

As for Dynamo roster - there were 22 home players last year - they should do something with team chemistry and team spirit. Riga had some guts last year, Minsk (together with Voskresensk) played as they will never make it into playoffs.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
I think, next season will show the potential of both Korobov and Stas, and are they up to NHL career or not yet.

As for Dynamo roster - there were 22 home players last year - they should do something with team chemistry and team spirit. Riga had some guts last year, Minsk (together with Voskresensk) played as they will never make it into playoffs.

Last season was the first in the KHL for Dynamo. They were outgunned and badly coached. I'm sure that they'll improve next season, though Dynamo still lack offensive talent.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Belarus is supposed to unveil their roster today (12/23). ANyone have any news or links?

Rantsi

Feb 6, 2009
http://www.iihf.com/channels10/olympics-2010/rosters.html

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/....html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=06ec2c916b

BELARUS

G Vitali Koval 31.03.1980 Dynamo Minsk

G Maxim Malyutin 16.09.1988 HK Vitebsk

G Andrei Mezin 08.07.1974 Dynamo Minsk

D Andrei Antonov 27.04.1985 Shakhter Soligorsk

D Andrei Bashko 23.05.1982 Shakhter Soligorsk

D Vladimir Denisov 29.06.1984 Dynamo Minsk

D Viktor Kostiuchenok 07.06.1979 Amur Khabarovsk, RUS

D Ruslan Salei 02.11.1974 Colorado Avalanche, NHL

D Nikolai Stasenko 15.02.1987 Amur Khabarovsk, RUS

D Vadim Sushko 27.04.1986 Shakhter Soligorsk

D Alexander Syrei 26.08.1988 Shakhter Soligorsk

F Oleg Antonenko 01.07.1971 Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, RUS

F Sergei Demagin 19.07.1986 Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, RUS

F Mikhail Grabovsky 31.01.1984 Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL

F Alexei Kaliuzhny 13.06.1977 Dynamo Moscow, RUS

F Konstantin Koltsov 17.04.1981 Salavat Yulayev Ufa, RUS

F Andrei Kostitsyn 03.02.1985 Montreal Canadiens, NHL

F Sergei Kostitsyn 20.03.1987 Montreal Canadiens, NHL

F Alexander Kulakov 15.05.1983 Dynamo Minsk

F Andrei Mikhalev 23.02.1978 Dynamo Minsk

F Andrei Stas 18.10.1988 Dynamo Minsk

F Alexei Ugarov 02.01.1985 MVD Balashikha, RUS

F Sergei Zadelenov 27.02.1976 Dynamo Minsk

No big surprises(?). Dmitri Meleshko and Mikhail Stefanovich didn't make it though.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
I hope Kolosov makes it, been quite impressed with him this season with Grand Rapids. As we all know tremendous size but he's more than that. He can hit, he can pass, excellent on the PK and just makes smart plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad