Being Creative....

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408
Hey, thought I'd like to share with people on here something that I created out of scratch.... For those people who do not know what my user name means.. It means I am Sharks Penguins & Capitals fan so that is why I created the name SHARPENCAP so I decided to create my very own hockey jersey and that means everything from layout to color choices and the name and number kit.... Please no hatred from others... I was just being creative here.... Just like when that fan made a jersey out of chain mail or the one fan who painted they are just like me being creative and obviously a huge fan and wanted to show that they are influenced by the sport of hockey

SHARPENCAPJERSEY_zpsd7d5f3d9.jpeg

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
This jersey is the most memorable piece of hockey paraphernalia that I have ever seen.

Kudos to you for having the creativity (not to mention the courage) to bring it into this world.

Have you ever worn this to an NHL game?

EastBayShark

Aug 10, 2011
San Jose, CA
Makes me want to take a Sharpen Pencap and stab my eyes out.

Really though, if you like it, good for you. It's definitely different. And colorful.

deekortiz3

Sep 11, 2009
Could have gone with SharkPenCap and sell a luxurious line of pens with Shark influenced caps. :handclap:

Really though, cool way to show your multi-team support.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Besides the collar being all white instead of multi-color like the sleeves, numbers and C, it's a solid job. Never seen anything like this before. Very creative. :handclap:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I would have preferred a Frankenstein jersey of sorts with parts of full-sized crests, but to each his own ... I'll never knock someone for being creative. So, pat on the back for you.

on the other hand, pick a hole!

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408
@EastonBlues22 Thank you I never thought that it would have gotten the reception that you have respectfully given to it.. It was just a thing I created over the lockout and it turned out to be a fun experience so now I am in the process of saving up for an alternate version

@drunksage If it goes to them so what, who knows it might get national attention?

@Dolorous Edd "24" means a lot to me it is my lucky number, I graduated high school on May 24th, I had numerous lucky events that fell on the date of the 24th of each month, I even happen to be going to Las Vegas on the 24th of June, .... Also, when Sharks Owner Doug Wilson wore the 24 sweater for the sharks aka the first season he was a shark I know he was in other teams prior to the sharks he was my first fav. player growing up back then... But to be honest when Travis Moen came to the sharks briefly, I kind of felt a little outraged because I had just purchased a black armor jersey with the number 24 and "C" patch and I was like come on now I can't wear it ! But other players like Sundstrom, Potomski, Makarov, Langfeld,Boyes wore the number proudly, I just didn't own any hockey jerseys at the time but to simply to answer you is its my fav. number and ask any jersey collector who has their name and number they will be like um year of birth, lucky number, anniversary number etc whatever it is it is fan choice to decide what number they want on a jersey.

@EastBayShark Haha funny! But yeah it is colorful indeed that was the goal to make it stand out and show the teams colors

@deekortiz3 I chose "SHARPENCAP" because I wanted the teams names to be shortened to fit the name bar correctly and not look too long and look like James Van Riemsdyk's namebar or any other players who have 11 letters plus in their last names

@CrimsonSkorpion I chose the colar to stay white because I thought it would help it stand out and be more distinguished if I added the color on the neck part it'd be kind of hard to find a matching lace that color

@hateseed Thanks? Lol, I seen far more hideous things out there than this.... Probably the Barney the Dinosaur is the most hideous thing I have ever seen god that still haunts me!

@Nighthock Thanks, I can't just pick one team they are my favorites so no I can not pick just one now if two of them to make it to the SC final I will be in loss of words and wouldn't know who to pick

@Sleepy Thank you! It was unique indeed! Now get some sleep!

@SactoShark Very funny concept in putting in it that way!

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
with respect, you told people "no hatred" which basically sounds like you didn't want criticism. So really people had no choice to post neutral or relatively positive reactions. I also believe that for the most part people want to be polite about it.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I am a big believer in constructive criticism, so forgive me if this violates your edict about hatred or anything but I feel that it needs to be said:

In theory the concept is interesting. As a sort of frankenstein-like fusion of concepts it might work. But I mean frankenstein in the sense of the jersey looking like it's pulled together out of multiple jerseys that and the pieces from each jersey are identifiable as both individual elements and fit cohesively into the whole product. What you've done is just a mish-mash of different things thrown onto a blank jersey. Take the jersey-front crests of each team and combine them somehow instead of throwing tiny logos of each onto the front. If you're going to do striping make the stripes look like they belong together instead of 3 drastically distinct and different stripes sitting next to one another. And make the numbers in a way that looks like they're whole pieces instead of random patchwork.

Again, I mean this with all due respect and with the hope that you take the suggestions as impetus to refine the idea instead of just "hating on" the concept, but I think there's a lot of refinement to be done before you end up with a good finished product. What you have so far feels more like "I want to do this, and this, and this, and have these, and this too. Oh and these!" and it all ended up on the canvas at the same time. There's just nothing that ties it all together so that it looks like it all belongs on the same sweater.

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408
@ The Nemesis, I appreciate your honesty thanks but hey it was just a fun project I know to some they might like it and some others might think its repulsive but in all it was just a fun thing for me to do to not think of the lockout and entertain my creativity side but hey thanks for being honest

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I've always liked the half and half thing (or in this case all 3) where it looks like you sliced two (or three) jerseys in half and glued them together. In this case I would do something cool and do a diagnol cut so you get part of each jersey on the sleeves/front/back for each one.

SHARPENCAP

Sep 11, 2010
415-831-408
@ hockeyball, that sounds like a good idea I never thought of that but I don't know if they ll fit the sleeves like that.. Thats why I put them in the front but hey thanks

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I sort of feel like the rainbow colors would be misinterpreted ...

I wonder if it would be interesting to do the front of a jersey in one team, back in another, and sleeves in another. or half/half + sleeves.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I've always liked the half and half thing (or in this case all 3) where it looks like you sliced two (or three) jerseys in half and glued them together. In this case I would do something cool and do a diagnol cut so you get part of each jersey on the sleeves/front/back for each one.

half and half Pens and Caps with Sharks sleeves ... then cut Sharks and Pens logos in half as they're both triangular, and add the Caps' stars

ta-da

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

394823_10151426869997079_1689446528_n.jpg

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
It is definitely creative, and you are a braver man that I to wear it in public!

What do you think of this idea? Sorry for the bad photoshoping, I'm not a guru like out GDTers...
ar5wMSJ.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad