Boston Bruins Behind the B - Season 8

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Popped in here to say exactly this. Tuukks is hilarious!

I'll excuse the quality and chalk it up to COVID restrictions. I like the "at home" or "hanging out outside of the rink" segments, but let's face it, this isn't exactly the environment to do those. And I'm least interested in watching the Leary-narrated games that I've already seen, but those are obviously fairly easy to stitch together. The best remedy to make those more intersting, IMO, is to mic up the players.

I imagine production is hurting a little bit because they can't seamlessly promote the sponsors as easily. Even right from season 1, they showed two injured players watching an away game while eating at Sal's Pizza's more upscale restaurant. If COVID didn't exist, I'm sure Pasta's GF would be showing off her Uppababy stroller.

Salvatore's?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Anyone know why they don’t show players faces when talking in the locker room right before or after the game anymore? They either show the players knees or the locker room wall or something.

My guess is they don’t want to show players maskless in the locker room? Or they dont want to show possible breeches of mask protocol? Or they’re masked, and it’s confusing/impossible to tell who’s talking when you have 10 people on camera who you can barely recognize because it’s a wide shot, and now half their face is covered, so not only can you not see who is who - you can’t see who’s talking.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I didn’t know if it was something like they have their masks down when talking to the team and don’t wanna get in trouble with the league.

That was my thought. In previous years they always showed guys faces when in the locker room between periods or after the game. If you notice they show guys in the locker room pre-game (when they have their masks on).

Reactions: inactive user

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
That was my thought. In previous years they always showed guys faces when in the locker room between periods or after the game. If you notice they show guys in the locker room pre-game (when they have their masks on).
Yeah it’s definitely strange. They show Ritchie opening the 7th player award in the locker room not wearing a mask, so if they’re not wearing masks during or right before games not sure why that’s a secret.

Either way doesn’t really matter, love the content!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah it’s definitely strange. They show Ritchie opening the 7th player award in the locker room not wearing a mask, so if they’re not wearing masks during or right before games not sure why that’s a secret.

Either way doesn’t really matter, love the content!

It weird for sure, but Ritchie was coming off the ice after a practice with no one around him, so maybe it wasn't a big deal. Agree though, I love the content.

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston

Attachments

• 2B648B43-1126-4658-9472-22271E2201B0.png
    2B648B43-1126-4658-9472-22271E2201B0.png
    563.3 KB · Views: 8

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Brad Marchand, Chris Wagner, Charlie Coyle and Connor Clifton wear the mic in the Bruins 1st round matchup against the Washington Capitals.​

Reactions: Sevendust

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Am the only person that gets horrible video quality on these videos? I love them but alway so grainy.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Pasta dresses to impress and AJ Quetta pumps up the Bruins as they kickoff Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs vs. the New York Islanders.​

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Behind The B, presented by Ticketmaster, a production of the Boston Bruins and Madfish Productions narrated by Denis Leary, was awarded an Emmy for Best Sports Program – post produced or edited – during Saturday night’s 45th annual New England Emmy Awards.

This is the fourth New England Emmy win for Behind The B, the Bruins’ all-access documentary show that gives fans an inside look at the team throughout the season. Behind The B was also named best sports program in 2016, 2017 and 2020.

In the winning episode, which aired March 8, 2021, the Boston Bruins traveled to Lake Tahoe for a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor game against the Philadelphia Flyers. The B's made a memorable 90's themed entrance to the game, while a mic'd up David Pastrnak scored a hat trick as the Bruins defeated the Flyers, 7-3. Later in the episode, fans returned to the TD Garden for the first time since March of 2020. Finally, former Bruins captain Zdeno Chara returned to Boston for the first time as a member of the Washington Capitals.

SPORTS PROGRAM – POST-PRODUCED OR EDITED

Behind the B 804 Jeremy Jacobs, Executive Producer Charlie Jacobs, Executive Producer Cam Neely, Executive Producer Brandon McNelis, Executive Producer Charlie Moore, Executive Producer/Writer Denis Leary, Writer/Narrator Doug Orr, Producer Michael Penhollow, Videographer/Producer Eric Russo, Producer Travis Basciotta, Producer Michael Tolvo, Producer Robert Sylvester, Executive Producer/Writer/Editor Boston Bruins/Mad Fish Productions

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Behind The B, presented by Ticketmaster, a production of the Boston Bruins and Madfish Productions narrated by Denis Leary, was awarded an Emmy for Best Sports Program – post produced or edited – during Saturday night’s 45th annual New England Emmy Awards.

This is the fourth New England Emmy win for Behind The B, the Bruins’ all-access documentary show that gives fans an inside look at the team throughout the season. Behind The B was also named best sports program in 2016, 2017 and 2020.

In the winning episode, which aired March 8, 2021, the Boston Bruins traveled to Lake Tahoe for a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor game against the Philadelphia Flyers. The B's made a memorable 90's themed entrance to the game, while a mic'd up David Pastrnak scored a hat trick as the Bruins defeated the Flyers, 7-3. Later in the episode, fans returned to the TD Garden for the first time since March of 2020. Finally, former Bruins captain Zdeno Chara returned to Boston for the first time as a member of the Washington Capitals.

SPORTS PROGRAM – POST-PRODUCED OR EDITED

Behind the B 804 Jeremy Jacobs, Executive Producer Charlie Jacobs, Executive Producer Cam Neely, Executive Producer Brandon McNelis, Executive Producer Charlie Moore, Executive Producer/Writer Denis Leary, Writer/Narrator Doug Orr, Producer Michael Penhollow, Videographer/Producer Eric Russo, Producer Travis Basciotta, Producer Michael Tolvo, Producer Robert Sylvester, Executive Producer/Writer/Editor Boston Bruins/Mad Fish Productions

Cam Neely executive producer? Guess he is not going anywhere since they won a New England Emmy.

Is that a major award?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I hope the cameraman got something...
IF you worked on the show but were not listed in the entry you can purchase your award

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
IF you worked on the show but were not listed in the entry you can purchase your award

Cookies are better anyway.

And they're free. Well, the virtual ones anyway lol

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad