Boston Bruins Behind The B: Season 11 2023-2024

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So, no more Dennis Leary, the new voice is Jack Neely... Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Caught this over lunch today. Many of the segments were posted during the off-season - Monty's emotional speech about fighting alcoholism at the NHL Awards, Lucic's return to Boston, Tim Thomas' awesome new home in Vermont, Bergeron's retirement. But it was great seeing them all in one spot.

Some of my thoughts:

The Johnny Bucyk segment was fantastic. When I see him walk out on the ice, I feel bad for him, as his mobility is weak. But mentally he's as sharp as can be. May we all be so blessed at 88.

Fabian Lysell's strength training is impressive. If he makes it to the NHL and signs a big contract, he won't have to buy his parents a new house. The home he grew up in is fabulous.

It was cool seeing McAvoy interact with Cole Caufield and Seth Jones.

I love Lindholm and McAvoy; but the NHL fails miserably when it tries to be hip. Lindholm playing that childish steady-hand game and McAvoy seeing how many hockey sticks he can tape (badly) in a minute won't grow the game.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I stopped watching this show once it became meaningless and ended up watching scripted clips of things we already knew were in existence.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Denis Leary is with SAG-AFTRA - He will return when strike ends
That makes sense and good to know....the replacement narrator just doesn't bring the same tone and tenor that Leary does

missed seeing the opening montage of players

another sign that the season is close upon us

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I was shocked that Lucic didn't dwarf over Sweeney when they stood in front of each other.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Marchand telling Perry the C is "heavy"

Also "did I look like Bergy?" :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
17:55: Lauko: "You f'n pigeon"

It does show some of Lauko's injury and you can see how emotional he is.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, poor Lauko was looking a little freaked out there in the dressing room, sure can't blame him.

Poitras does not appear to be big on public speaking :laugh:

If they still can't get Denis Leary back, I'd be fine with keeping the "no narration" style.

Kinda miss seeing all the players in the new intro.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
Leary is back, or was he last episode? I didn't notice his voice till the most current

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

he #nhlbruins head out for a week-long, four-game road trip out west before returning home for the "New Blood, New Beginnings" Era Night, celebrating the 1986-2000 Boston Bruins.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad