Movies: Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (Sep 6th, 2024)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I wasn't very interested in this because sequels made decades later are rarely (if ever) good, but this... actually looks promising?

It's directed by Tim Burton, scored by Danny Elfman and written by the creators of Wednesday, and has Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder and Catherine O'Hara reprising their roles, with Jenna Ortega and Willem Dafoe joining them.

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm looking forward to this one especially after hearing they only used practical effects to give it the same look and feel as the first movie. Michael Keaton looks great as Beetlejuice again......

Last edited:
Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm looking forward to this one especially after hearing they only used practical effects to give it the same look and feel as the first movie. Michael Keaton looks great as Beetlejuice again......
I hadn't heard that. That's fantastic. Come to think of it, the trailer does feature what looks to be an actual scale model (not CG) town and that's probably partly why it evoked the original film for me. I wish that more movies would use models and practical effects as much as possible, especially when they're sequels to movies made without CGI.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad