OT: Been to Dolphin Cinema in Burnaby?

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Oh boy. I lived in North Burnaby when I was younger so the Dolphin was the only place to go before anyone could drive.

I think they re-did it awhile back cause at one point it had rats.

If they did, it's actually quite a nice little theatre.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Anybody been to Dolphin Cinema in Burnaby? Its on E. Hastings.

Was surprised to see there's still cinemas with $2 tickets for Tuesdays.

I go there frequently on Tuesdays. Take the whole family of 6 for $12. Cheaper tickets on other days as well, and feels more like how a movie theatre ought to feel, in my opinion. But then, I'm very populist.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
it's been around for ages, okay for comedies and dramas but spend the extra money for a good action movie on a newer screen.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Went with the wifey. We were the only ones in the theatre. Can't remember what movie it was... Loved it!

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Are there other ones like it in the lower mainland

Its website says its under the same chain as the surrey and pitt Meadows one

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Ahh the Dolphin. It was a shame when they changed hands and ran only Bollywood movies for a few years (unless you're into that of course). I grew up around there and lived in the neighbourhood a few years as an adult when they were back to showing second run American films but it was pretty rare that they had anything worth seeing.

I still remember calling Talking Yellow Pages as a kid to get the listings for movies there. The other theatres were at Lougheed, and.. The other one escapes my memory.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Has anyone been to the Haida (nee the Raja) lately on kingsway? It has a new name and is showing English-language films, I hear...

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Is Collingwood Cinema the one in Station Square right by Metrotown

Becuase that one is gone now

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
I used to have lots of fun with the east end crowd there. bringing our own "refreshments" and getting up to mischief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad