GDT: Bedardapalooza - Flyers at Caps 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
One guy that should be kept is Strome. Young player who they can sign long term.
Alternatively, he's a player they should be able to flip easily at the deadline.

He's a great value add at $3.5M, particularly for a season without Backstrom. But is he worth a $5M+ investment over several years? Is he a long term fit for the team? I would like to see him contribute more consistently at even strength before penciling him as the 2C of the next several years.

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
9CF179C2-EB3A-4DD4-94F3-CEC4EE4CA55D.gif

Reactions: max21

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Alternatively, he's a player they should be able to flip easily at the deadline.

He's a great value add at $3.5M, particularly for a season without Backstrom. But is he worth a $5M+ investment over several years? Is he a long term fit for the team? I would like to see him contribute more consistently at even strength before penciling him as the 2C of the next several years.

With a good season playing in situations where he clearly isn't being carried (which was argued a bunch with him because he played with Kane and DeBrincat) and his restricted status, he could be worth a pretty penny.

This is another reason it was important to me to see where we really stand with McMichael. Giving him at least one long stretch at C in the NHL would have made it easier to make informed decisions about Strome, the Backstrom situation, and probably even Eller, cuz it feels more and more to me like they might look to extend Eller at a lower hit. Seems crazy, but keeping him this long seems just as crazy to me, so I wouldn't put it past them.

We might need Strome if McMike or Lapierre can't step into 3C minutes next year, but if he can net us an attractive return.............

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Sooooo why didn’t any team want Milano? Seems like a solid middle 6 contributor to me. What am I missing?

Right? He's soft in his own end, but he tries. So it's kinda like having someone like Vrana or Sprong without the headaches. Milano always seems to be in the mix when he's on the ice, and he works to minimize his limitations. Good pickup for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad