TV: Beavis and Butthead reboot (2020)

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The last reboot a few years ago was great (though I remember almost nothing, I know I enjoyed it and had some laughs). I'll be watching every episode for sure.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
giphy.gif

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
The last reboot a few years ago was great (though I remember almost nothing, I know I enjoyed it and had some laughs..

Yeah, I remember the reboot from about a decade ago. It was just a few weeks of episodes & it seems like they were longer than the originals.. and I don't remember a lot of positive feedback (?) I'm kinda surprised a second reboot is getting love. Audience is getting older, and didn't seem inspired by the last restart, but..

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Maybe I'm the only person who felt this way but I always enjoyed the videos more than the actual episodes. Other than "Don't Laugh" which was my favorite thing they ever did.

Will still give it a watch but without videos, its just half the fun to me.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I remember the reboot from about a decade ago. It was just a few weeks of episodes & it seems like they were longer than the originals.. and I don't remember a lot of positive feedback (?) I'm kinda surprised a second reboot is getting love. Audience is getting older, and didn't seem inspired by the last restart, but..

The reboot last time was amazing. The line about the Dove model by the pool absolutely slayed me.

The one where they go into the contact center with Hamid was classic.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
The reboot last time was amazing. The line about the Dove model by the pool absolutely slayed me.

yeah, I thought the first reboot was good. My point is, the meme of 2 heavy metal kids, sitting around watching MTv all day is outdated & unrelatable now. I don't see Judge getting many new fans. So how long does the 9os nostalgia trip have to go on (?) As a fan, I kinda wish some of these classics would just be left alone, and stay tethered to their time, but.. Judge is really creative, he could give us give us new characters providing contemporary social satire. 2020 is ripe for ridicule. Just my feeling.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The first reboot was perfect, only reason it didn't stick was it was aired on modern, musicless MTV - all soap operas and reality shows.

If MTV had let the rights go and it had come back on Fox/ComedyCentral/AdultSwim it would have done better. Same reason Dilbert failed when it launched, great show - crappy platform.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

The one where they go into the contact center with Hamid was classic.

Agreed, I thought it was great. Subbing in reality TV (i.e. Jersey Shore) for music videos worked really well, and the show added more of a satirical element. I was surprised it only lasted a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad