Value of: Beauvillier

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Seven years younger with upside still.
Eh, upside is questionable at this point.

True, but Beauvillier is due for a bounce back season.
So is the whole team with the exception of Nelson and Sorokin (who both proved why they’re as good as they are). The only players who I can’t see having bounce back seasons are Martin and Johnston but that’s for obvious reasons based on their play style.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Eh, upside is questionable at this point.

So is the whole team with the exception of Nelson and Sorokin (who both proved why they’re as good as they are). The only players who I can’t see having bounce back seasons are Martin and Johnston but that’s for obvious reasons based on their play style.
“Questionable at this point” yet has the same point totals that Bailey did early in his career. Makes sense to cap him off now

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
“Questionable at this point” yet has the same point totals that Bailey did early in his career. Makes sense to cap him off now
With better development then Josh had at this stage. Completely different game styles but one skates faster so he must obviously be working harder. Beau had major issues with puck protection and couldn’t control the puck for the life of him.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
With better development then Josh had at this stage. Completely different game styles but one skates faster so he must obviously be working harder. Beau had major issues with puck protection and couldn’t control the puck for the life of him.
Beau had two less goals than Bailey. What are we even talking about here? Giving up on a young asset instead of a guy you want to see hit 1,000 games

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Beau had two less goals than Bailey. What are we even talking about here? Giving up on a young asset instead of a guy you want to see hit 1,000 games
As well as 8 less assists. You’re planning on keeping Beau to play him with Nelson in hopes of a bounce back year but don’t want to put Brock with Josh because he needs to go and be replaced by who? A player with a comparable cap hit that’ll either be a bottom pairing defenseman or forward who can barely play at this point. Beau is the better trade option in terms of returning something that can be a beneficial hockey trade. Bailey is the better overall player even with the substantial age difference.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
As well as 8 less assists. You’re planning on keeping Beau to play him with Nelson in hopes of a bounce back year but don’t want to put Brock with Josh because he needs to go and be replaced by who? A player with a comparable cap hit that’ll either be a bottom pairing defenseman or forward who can barely play at this point. Beau is the better trade option in terms of returning something that can be a beneficial hockey trade. Bailey is the better overall player even with the substantial age difference.
No where did I say Josh needs to go, I’m saying it’s stupid between the two to say Beau should be the one going

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
No where did I say Josh needs to go, I’m saying it’s stupid between the two to say Beau should be the one going
Beau should be the one to go simply because of trade value relative to age. Teams don’t trade for 32 year old forwards unless it’s an expiring contract. Josh holds more value to the Islanders then he does trade wise with the number of teams in cap constraints. The $1m difference is more important then people think.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Beau should be the one to go simply because of trade value relative to age. Teams don’t trade for 32 year old forwards unless it’s an expiring contract. Josh holds more value to the Islanders then he does trade wise with the number of teams in cap constraints. The $1m difference is more important then people think.
If it’s simply moving our salary, I’m not overly concerned with the return. With the way you have painted Beau, what kind of return are you remotely expecting for him?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
What happened to Beauvillier last season? His production looks like it took a bit of a step back. Was he just unlucky, did his play drop, or was Trotz's defensive structure the reason?
All of the above plus an obvious loss of confidence after getting benched by Barry a time or two.

I read where Barry said after that the only person that doesn't know how good he can be is Beauvillier himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad