Beautiful goal between the legs by Forsberg

nothingbutrum

Oct 24, 2014
vbookierehab
I thought his other goal was better.

And nice play by him on the open net (with 4 minutes left).

Now, I'm off to cry myself to sleep.

Thursday will be interesting.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
People often forget that Erat was a pretty consistent top 6 forward for a long time before that trade.

It just had no business happening at that point in his career.

Eh he was on a slightly better than 40 point pace( with powerplay time) when he was moved, most people hated the trade at the time

Edit: i see you specify "at that point" I just think its a weird call to even slightly defend one of the worst trades ever.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
The second coming of a Forsberg. Kid only keeps getting better.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
The first one was even better. Scrambles to the bench to pick up a new stick, receives the pass a second later and then scores a beaut. Damn, he is one electrifying player.

Reactions: Canuck16

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
How many highlight reel goals has he had this playoffs? Should change the title of the thread to, Filip Forsbergs Playoff highlight reel goals and post them all.

Reactions: alexpj

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
People often forget that Erat was a pretty consistent top 6 forward for a long time before that trade.

It just had no business happening at that point in his career.

Prior to the trade year:
5 seasons with 50 or more points
3 years with 49 points

He was a consistent ~50-55 point per season (15-20 goals/season) winger. Washington just really overpaid the trade looks worse considering that Erat never managed to get his game back after some injuries around 2012-2013

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Prior to the trade year:
5 seasons with 50 or more points
3 years with 49 points

He was a consistent ~50-55 point per season (15-20 goals/season) winger. Washington just really overpaid the trade looks worse considering that Erat never managed to get his game back after some injuries around 2012-2013

Has to be one of the stupidest trades in recent years. I just don't see the reasoning behind it and how everyone in the organization wasn't doing everything they could to prevent the trade.

Reactions: Lurch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad