Confirmed with Link: Beau signs 2 Year Contract (2Y / 2.1M AAV)

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Like others have said, Beau was rushed to the NHL by Snow and co. He probably should have had another year in juniors, played in the WJC, then had at least a full season (maybe a season and a half) in the AHL. He could have used the two-plus years to work on refining his game and getting stronger, without the extensive travel and time commitments of playing in the NHL.

It also didn't help that he played in two flawed systems under Cappy and Weight. Last year was essentially his first real season with quality NHL coaching.

If AB is working hard this off season, I think we will see a better player this year. The game should be a bit slower, he will be able to draw on his experiences last year and he should be better suited for the physicality of the NHL.

And let's also not forget that the 2015 NHL Draft was unreal, with lots of talent in the first 35 picks or so. And even with some of Beau's struggles, he is still No. 14 on the list of players from that draft in total points and No. 10 in goals scored. That isn't too bad for the 28th overall pick in the draft.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Like others have said, Beau was rushed to the NHL by Snow and co. He probably should have had another year in juniors, played in the WJC, then had at least a full season (maybe a season and a half) in the AHL. He could have used the two-plus years to work on refining his game and getting stronger, without the extensive travel and time commitments of playing in the NHL.

It also didn't help that he played in two flawed systems under Cappy and Weight. Last year was essentially his first real season with quality NHL coaching.

If AB is working hard this off season, I think we will see a better player this year. The game should be a bit slower, he will be able to draw on his experiences last year and he should be better suited for the physicality of the NHL.

And let's also not forget that the 2015 NHL Draft was unreal, with lots of talent in the first 35 picks or so. And even with some of Beau's struggles, he is still No. 14 on the list of players from that draft in total points and No. 10 in goals scored. That isn't too bad for the 28th overall pick in the draft.

He's probably played a lot more NHL games than the majority of that 35 I'd wager. Where does he rank in points per game?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In a perfect world, Beauvillier has 2 nice seasons of 25 goals each. Then the Isles can make a decision on him. By then Holmstrom, Bellows, Wahlstrom, should all be in the NHL or knocking on the door. Beuvillier will be a good trade chip, or if he really knocks it out of the park, maybe a core piece.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Beauty contract. 20 goal scorer at 20, good all around game, doesn't tie up money for our big offseason next year. Well done Lou!

In a perfect world, Beauvillier has 2 nice seasons of 25 goals each. Then the Isles can make a decision on him. By then Holmstrom, Bellows, Wahlstrom, should all be in the NHL or knocking on the door. Beuvillier will be a good trade chip, or if he really knocks it out of the park, maybe a core piece.

I don't think a team sitting 22nd in GF should be trading one of their best young goal scorers, regardless of who is coming up.

Reactions: dood

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
No idea. But he has been doing it at the NHL level, while others haven't.

I'm not knocking Tito. I'm a fan and believe he's got more to give this club. I was just curious if you had that information.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I'm not knocking Tito. I'm a fan and believe he's got more to give this club. I was just curious if you had that information.

Unfortunately, I don't have the info and I couldn't find a site that breaks it down for just that draft year in a very quick search. For me, if Beau ends up in the 10-15 range in points/goals for that draft class, odds are it will probably be a very good career.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Only been a couple of games, but looks like there are some set plays to get Beau the puck in the slot on the PP - and it’s working. Think this could get Beau to around 30 goals/60 points next year - and if so, what does that mean for our already hellish cap situation?

Reactions: periferal

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Only been a couple of games, but looks like there are some set plays to get Beau the puck in the slot on the PP - and it’s working. Think this could get Beau to around 30 goals/60 points next year - and if so, what does that mean for our already hellish cap situation?

Good problem to have (Beau continuing to develop). How amazing new ownership can bring us from manipulating the cap to being crunched to make some room.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes